LCP II accidental discharge??? - Page 3

LCP II accidental discharge???

This is a discussion on LCP II accidental discharge??? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I know that this is a debate that will not be resolved (probably ever). There are many of us who are comfortable carrying a single ...

Like Tree59Likes

Thread: LCP II accidental discharge???

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    I know that this is a debate that will not be resolved (probably ever). There are many of us who are comfortable carrying a single action pistol with a Glock type "safety trigger," and no manual safety on the weapon. Others, will not carry unless they have a manual safety or dual action trigger pull. Everyone needs to make their own decision on their comfort factor. For me personally, I have carried Glocks and now the LCP II without the concern of accidental discharge. I always use a quality holster, and concur with some of the inputs above regarding removing the holster from the pocket should the need arise to re-holster the weapon. For me (and stressing FOR ME), the reason I carry a Glock or LCP II SA weapon with no manual safety with a round in the chamber comes from my experiences using realistic training screnarios on when I might have to use my carry weapon. I strongly recommend concealed carry holders take a realistic training course that helps you evaluate if you will have time to chamber a round if attacked, or if you will be able to continuously flick off the safety when under pressure. A lot of people I shoot with can pull from the holster, rack a round, and switch off the safety with no issues on the range. Put them under a time crunch or in a training scenario and a lot of them cannot get a shot off to defend themselves before the attacker has the advantage or has neutralized their weapon. For the record, I am also aware that with training many can execute this (but only because they train well and consistently). Again, I know this will be a forever debate, and I'm not looking to solve the issue...just giving my two cents. This is a great video that I think really illustrates the point well: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7hgo02P-4
    rpott3 likes this.

2. #22 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    I know that this is a debate that will not be resolved (probably ever). There are many of us who are comfortable carrying a single action pistol with a Glock type "safety trigger," and no manual safety on the weapon. Others, will not carry unless they have a manual safety or dual action trigger pull. Everyone needs to make their own decision on their comfort factor. For me personally, I have carried Glocks and now the LCP II without the concern of accidental discharge. I always use a quality holster, and concur with some of the inputs above regarding removing the holster from the pocket should the need arise to re-holster the weapon. For me (and stressing FOR ME), the reason I carry a Glock or LCP II SA weapon with no manual safety with a round in the chamber comes from my experiences using realistic training screnarios on when I might have to use my carry weapon. I strongly recommend concealed carry holders take a realistic training course that helps you evaluate if you will have time to chamber a round if attacked, or if you will be able to continuously flick off the safety when under pressure. A lot of people I shoot with can pull from the holster, rack a round, and switch off the safety with no issues on the range. Put them under a time crunch or in a training scenario and a lot of them cannot get a shot off to defend themselves before the attacker has the advantage or has neutralized their weapon. For the record, I am also aware that with training many can execute this (but only because they train well and consistently). Again, I know this will be a forever debate, and I'm not looking to solve the issue...just giving my two cents. This is a great video that I think really illustrates the point well: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7hgo02P-4
    Good video, worth watching. Thanks for posting

3. #23 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    I wish all guns had a safety. So Many If, and's and buts....What if your friend had a broken wrist or arm, of if he had his arm grabbed during an attack....no way to rack the slide. I Just posted a quick thought. What ever your decision Try to be prepared. I Respect and try to Consider Everyone's view, this is how we learn.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Nukes, Your quote " A lot of people I shoot with can pull from the holster, rack a round, and switch off the safety with no issues on the range. Put them under a time crunch or in a training scenario and a lot of them cannot get a shot off to defend themselves before the attacker has the advantage or has neutralized their weapon."

Right, only people without a safety never freeze up. Everybody knows that. Get a Glock, and get guaranteed not to freeze. Seriously? We are starting to hear every thing in the world now to get rid of a safety on a firearm.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-13-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    Denny4kids likes this.

6. #25 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Son of a gun. So are you. ;-)

I don't know. But this might shed some light on the topic:

Why the police shouldn't use Glocks - LA Times

PS: Never underestimate the power of denial. ;-)
    I took a quick look & could not find the answer to my questions either. Just to be clear I did not bring up blocks & am not a block fan. I think they should all use American made guns S&W would be good but I think years ago block beat them out. I do believe that most law enforcement still uses blocks I know they do here & I still believe that if you compared the % of accidents with blocks to any other kind or brand of gun it would be the same.

7. #26 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    A Trigger is a Trigger, it is not a safety.
    With one possible exception, and that's if it's a DAO or DA/SA trigger with a long, pronounced initial trigger pull . . . the kind of trigger pull that exists on the LCP, for example. I can say in all honesty if the LCP II had been the only micro .380 Ruger made when I bought my LCP, I wouldn't own a Ruger micro .380 today. And I really do consider myself fortunate to have gotten in on what appears to be one the last LCPs on the market.

I know a lot of folks say the LCP II is an improvement on the LCP. To my way of thinking, it's just the opposite.
    davevabch likes this.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #27 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    I took a quick look & could not find the answer to my questions either. Just to be clear I did not bring up blocks & am not a block fan. I think they should all use American made guns S&W would be good but I think years ago block beat them out. I do believe that most law enforcement still uses blocks I know they do here & I still believe that if you compared the % of accidents with blocks to any other kind or brand of gun it would be the same.
    Yes I believe all guns should not have a safety. Just really dumb to waste so much time to pull it down when I could just pull the trigger. I just upgraded my safety on my Mossberg tactical shotgun, now I want to go back and have the gun smith, get rid of the safety. Takes to much time and practice. I want my trigger to be my safety. Only fools want safety's.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.

9. #28 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Gosh, be danged if I will ever again carry any gun with a trigger, too darn dangerous!
    mr.mike1407 and Denny4kids like this.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, Charger, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...

10. #29 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Ruger American comes with and without external safeties.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, Charger, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...

11. #30 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bberg100 View Post
    Gosh, be danged if I will ever again carry any gun with a trigger, too darn dangerous!
    Gosh be danged,
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-13-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads