Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II

Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II

This is a discussion on Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Yes on my way to the range this morning I stopped by my favorite ammo store WM they did not have the Hydra-shok I was ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By mr.mike1407
  • 1 Post By davevabch
  • 2 Post By Cop_Out
  • 2 Post By toytraindoc
  • 1 Post By davevabch
  • 1 Post By keithdog

Thread: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II

1. #1 Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Yes on my way to the range this morning I stopped by my favorite ammo store WM they did not have the Hydra-shok I was looking for but they did have this Winchester train & defend/D 95 grain JHP. At the range I first ran the rest of a box of PPU FMJ then at rd count 200 I shoot 2 mags of the Win JHP with no problem then a box of Perfecta to bring it to 250. So far so good, did not have a single problem other than a little trigger bite on my sensitive trigger finger. I did take my make shift bike tube grip off & I think I got a better grip without it, the stippling on the LCP II is really kind of good.
    I do like the trigger reset I can feel it. Now I am not saying this is best or easiest shooting pistol I have ever held not by far. It is real snappy for it's size unlike some here I have not shot the LCP all that much I am coming from a gun with much more to hold onto. I am shooting at 8 yards & am still sometimes pulling 2 or 3 inches down & to the left.
    Here's a vid of the ammo.
    & a little eye candy for Dave
    davevabch likes this.

2. #2 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Mike I have shot a lot of the Winchester train and defend in 9mm. In fact just last Sat. out of my LCR. I liked the way it shot. It did seem to have less recoil. Sounds like you and your new LCPll are getting along just fine. Shooting down and to left is common with these little guns. I still do it all the time. I just accept it. The good part is the groups are very tight and still center mass. Keep up the good work!

PS thanks for the eye candy. I think that will be as close as I get to one for some time. Heck, a man can still dream right?
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

3. #3 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Thanks for the range report, sir!
    mr.mike1407 and davevabch like this.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Thanks for sharing your range report with us.
    mr.mike1407 and davevabch like this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

6. #5 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Dang I reread my post & I sure hope it did not come off as saying I shoot groups of 3 inches at 8 yards, I wish. My groups are more like 7 inches & the ones I pull are 3 inches more.

7. #6 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Dang I reread my post & I sure hope it did not come off as saying I shoot groups of 3 inches at 8 yards, I wish. My groups are more like 7 inches & the ones I pull are 3 inches more.
    Great shooting on a new gun! Doing well!
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

8. #7 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like you are doing well with your gun.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

9. #8 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    boo
    Thanks for the range report MrMike. I like hearing about the LCP II because I may purchase one in the future.
    In ballistics gel test, bare and with four layers of denim, the Winchester D did pretty good.
    As to shooting low and left. I was doing that my last trip to the range with more than one gun. I have heard that jerking causes this.
    I am out of practice and need more range time.
    After the range session, I realized I was using an improper hold. I barked my left thumb. My thumb should have not been in the position for this to happen.
    I plan to correct my hold next range session before I consider adjusting sights on any of my handguns.
    Hope the LCP II gives you years of good service. Be safe boo

10. #9 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Thanks for the range report MrMike. I like hearing about the LCP II because I may purchase one in the future.
    In ballistics gel test, bare and with four layers of denim, the Winchester D did pretty good.
    As to shooting low and left. I was doing that my last trip to the range with more than one gun. I have heard that jerking causes this.
    I am out of practice and need more range time.
    After the range session, I realized I was using an improper hold. I barked my left thumb. My thumb should have not been in the position for this to happen.
    I plan to correct my hold next range session before I consider adjusting sights on any of my handguns.
    Hope the LCP II gives you years of good service. Be safe boo
    Thanks boo, what are you shooting now ? The sights on the LCP II are milled in to the slide so they are what they are, I am sure they are fine.
    I think my problem is my left hand as well, I think I am trying to help with my left hand too much because of lack of grip with the right. This is a very light & small gun, I never could master the LCP gen 1 glad I am doing better with this one. A Hogue grip would be great

11. #10 Re: Winchester T&D JHP in my LCP II 
    boo
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Thanks boo, what are you shooting now ? The sights on the LCP II are milled in to the slide so they are what they are, I am sure they are fine.
    I think my problem is my left hand as well, I think I am trying to help with my left hand too much because of lack of grip with the right. This is a very light & small gun, I never could master the LCP gen 1 glad I am doing better with this one. A Hogue grip would be great
    I have numerous handguns. The last trip to the range I took a Ruger Biesly Blackhawk 44 mag, Glock 43 9mm, and my LCP custom. I was shooting at 25 yards because someone stole my portable target hanger that I usually set up at a shorter range. At 25 yards I noticed averything was hitting slightly low and to the left. I know I was not using a proper hold with the small autos. I will make a correction next trip to the range.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads