When do you unload your chamber?

When do you unload your chamber?

This is a discussion on When do you unload your chamber? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; There have been plenty of threads on whether or not and/or when to carry with one in the chamber. I'm not looking to start that ...

Thread: When do you unload your chamber?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 When do you unload your chamber? 
    There have been plenty of threads on whether or not and/or when to carry with one in the chamber. I'm not looking to start that discussion again.

My question is if you are carrying with one in the chamber, do you remove that round from the chamber when you get home or before going to bed or do you leave Elsie loaded and ready to go 24/7?

The reason I ask is that it has been well documented that most "accidents" happen during the loading and unloading of a handgun. If it is "safe" to carry with one in the chamber, why not just leave the gun in that condition full time, unless you are cleaning or firing it, of course?

2. #2 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    I keep mine loaded. i store it in a winchester gun safe (kind of like a gun vault) when i am finished carrying for the day. i try to not load and unload as much as possible.

i always have one in the chamber when carrying

3. #3 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    Always one in the chamber unless I am cleaning it, or clearing it to load it with snap caps to practice draws/drills. I consider it loaded all the time, as with all guns. When it's not on me or next to me it's locked up (loaded/chambered) in either a 'gun vault' brand electronic safe or a key locked 'secur-it' box cabled to the frame of my dash in glove box. If I was to change my carry gun to one of my 9mm's, I would then unload the LCP and lock it up in the safe. The LCP does not weigh enough to use as a blunt object. I feel it's comepletely safe with one in the chamber, as safe as any revolver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    I also carry loaded 24/7, unless cleaning or shooting etc...
    I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money....
    YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"

6. #5 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    Mine unloads itself after I pull the trigger 7 times! Other than that it stays loaded.
    Any information posted is strictly opinion. I am not a certified gunsmith, nor do I represent any manufacturer or dealer, and I am not responsible for your actions. I can't tell you what to do, just tell what I did. Any injury, damage, malfunctions, void warranty is your problem, not mine.

7. #6 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    CBW
    "Mine unloads itself after I pull the trigger 7 times! Other than that it stays loaded."

Since the clip holds 6, do manually feed one into the chamber first then load the clip, or do insert the clip-rack the slide, and then drop the mag and add 1?
    Rubber side down and remember who your brothers are

8. #7 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    I always load from the magazine. IMO, loading manually is just taking a chance on a accident.
    Chamber a round - drop magazine - add another round to magazine.

9. #8 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    what he said.
    Any information posted is strictly opinion. I am not a certified gunsmith, nor do I represent any manufacturer or dealer, and I am not responsible for your actions. I can't tell you what to do, just tell what I did. Any injury, damage, malfunctions, void warranty is your problem, not mine.

10. #9 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    CBW
    Quote Originally Posted by wazz
    "Mine unloads itself after I pull the trigger 7 times! Other than that it stays loaded."

Since the clip holds 6, do manually feed one into the chamber first then load the clip, or do insert the clip-rack the slide, and then drop the mag and add 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake
    I always load from the magazine. IMO, loading manually is just taking a chance on a accident.
    Chamber a round - drop magazine - add another round to magazine.
    I TOTALLY agree with you, manually loading is an accident waiting to happen and to hard for for my fingers.
    Rubber side down and remember who your brothers are

11. #10 Re: When do you unload your chamber? 
    I have it fully loaded all the time. We don't have to worry about kids in the house any more. But when we visit grandkids and it's not in my pocket, it's in a safe I keep there for that very purpose.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROI, ROII, Warthog, BOLD #808, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads