Ruger LCP II - Page 3

Ruger LCP II

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP II within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by SkipD Fellas, we don't need any more of this sort of stuff. Thanks. Skip - moderator Skip, I agree with you 100%. ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP II

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    boo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    Fellas, we don't need any more of this sort of stuff.

Thanks.

Skip - moderator
    Skip, I agree with you 100%. I don`t understand why this guy thinks he can control the board by insulting other members. If he would simply skip over my post the problem would be eliminated.
    louchia and EasyCZ like this.

2. #22 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    Fellas, we don't need any more of this sort of stuff.

Thanks.

Skip - moderator
    No worries, Skip. I found the ignore feature and it's functioning perfectly. All is well! :-)
    Last edited by bld522; 03-04-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #23 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Frame cracks or grip cracks? Heck, there is only so much you can talk about with just one pistol. Maybe we need to discuss other firearms as well. I am, going to the range today Denny, will be shooting the LCR9mm, what will you be shooting today? Tomorrow I will be shooting the Blackhawk, and the Heritage 22. How about you? I think we all should get to the range more. Looking forward to your range review Denny.
    Good morning Dave can I just call you Dave ? I thought you guys said this was another pistol Actually I did go to the range yesterday, gave range report on 'range card' so far I agree with this guy, what do you think of him ?
    Last edited by mr.mike1407; 03-04-2017 at 10:03 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    I like his vids . Opinions are like a certain body part I won't mention . We all have them and they usually stink .

6. #25 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    I followed Nutnfancy for a long time on another forum that isn't gun-related. He's a little overblown for my taste, but his vids are mostly OK. Even when they're not, they've normally got enough entertainment value to make them worth watching.

If you like to watch destruction tests, this guy's a lot of fun too:

:-)
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #26 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    ETS
    I generally like Nutnfancy's no-nonsense reviews. Interestingly he did not mention the "safety factor".
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

8. #27 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I like his vids .
    I love Nutfancy. And Mr. Mike, sure you can all me Dave.

RANGE REPORT THIS AM 3/4 SAT.

I have planned on going to the range this PM, and still will. I had to get a hair cut and had a appointment. I was about 30 min early, so decided to go down to the range store and see if I could feel a Pico, and a Kimber Micro 380. They said they have not had any Pico's in months and they do not carry Kimber's. So I was there at the counter and listening to the sales rep try and sell some lady a small 380. He happened to tell her that they had a Sig 238 over at their ranges in the same store. Wow, Ok, I quickly went over to the range and told the guy to let me try the 238. I bought a box of 380. I did not have much time, and was in a hurry. I noticed he had the New LCP ll. I made a comment and he said I could try it out after the Sig. I told him thanks, Not interested. I did try out the trigger and even he agreed with me that it sucked. Crazy light freeplay.

Well I loaded up the Sig and started shooting quickly. I was in a hurry. HOLY CRAP! This was like riding on a cloud, Right away I knew that these guns are everything they say they are. I had shot them, but that was some time ago. I mean this gun was like shooting a 22.cal. Ok, 25 rounds told me all I wanted to know. Not even trying I was doing great groups. No need to waste ammo. So I went back in and told the range master. OK let me try out the new LCP ll. Quickly went back to the range.
    Ok, here we go again. snappy gun. And now the stupid long free play. I shoot the first two rounds way low and left. I knew this trigger and I were not going to be going on another date. I finished up the rest of the box of ammo, and knew I was done with the LCP. Like the difference between driving a car with a power steering and one without.

You can't honestly shoot a Sig 238 and then a LCP and say I want a LCP. That is not real world.
    The recoil difference in the two was extremely significant. While I have shot thousand of rounds through the LCP's, I managed to still do well even with the fast shooting and lack of time. I did have about 4 or 5 wild flyers due to the unfamiliarity of the crazy freeplay it the trigger. Man I just hated it. After shooting the 238 which feels so good in the hand with the 9/11 style and the solid steel material, it is just easy to handle. Go from that to the LCP and the LCP feels not cheap, but just not solid.

The LCP did not shoot horrible, it retains the harsh snappy recoil as it's predecessors. It is a gun with practice you can do well. but it is not a "Smooth gun" and you will either like the trigger or hate it.
    Is The Sig worth almost double the price? For myself, someone that loves to shoot often YES, for a person that will just get by on a few hundred rounds a year NO. Of course that person should expect to put in a lot of range time to shoot accurately.

The only problem that bothered me with the Sig, was the fact that it was just too easy. It was like shooting a 22.cal with a little kick which made it fun. But it also made me say to myself "Maybe the 380 cartridge is just too anemic." This gun made it feel so light.

So How do I feel? LCP ll will not make it into my future arsenal. And now I am considering the Kimber Micro 9.

By the way, the LCP did give my finger a little bit of pain. Nothing major, and had one malfunction and I will try and show the deformed case from the round. I have no idea what caused that. The sig had One failure due to a dud primer strike. The Sig obviously had been shot a lot and I think maybe it needs a overhaul but did shoot fine in every other way.
    This is just my opinion based on quick shooting of 25 rounds through both guns.

Anxiously looking forward to the PM range session with My LCR 9mm and New Boot grip. Odd, but this am there was not one other person shooting. Hoping for the same this afternoon.

9. #28 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    I love Nutfancy. And Mr. Mike, sure you can all me Dave.

RANGE REPORT THIS AM 3/4 SAT.

I have planned on going to the range this PM, and still will. I had to get a hair cut and had a appointment. I was about 30 min early, so decided to go down to the range store and see if I could feel a Pico, and a Kimber Micro 380. They said they have not had any Pico's in months and they do not carry Kimber's. So I was there at the counter and listening to the sales rep try and sell some lady a small 380. He happened to tell her that they had a Sig 238 over at their ranges in the same store. Wow, Ok, I quickly went over to the range and told the guy to let me try the 238. I bought a box of 380. I did not have much time, and was in a hurry. I noticed he had the New LCP ll. I made a comment and he said I could try it out after the Sig. I told him thanks, Not interested. I did try out the trigger and even he agreed with me that it sucked. Crazy light freeplay.

Well I loaded up the Sig and started shooting quickly. I was in a hurry. HOLY CRAP! This was like riding on a cloud, Right away I knew that these guns are everything they say they are. I had shot them, but that was some time ago. I mean this gun was like shooting a 22.cal. Ok, 25 rounds told me all I wanted to know. Not even trying I was doing great groups. No need to waste ammo. So I went back in and told the range master. OK let me try out the new LCP ll. Quickly went back to the range.
    Ok, here we go again. snappy gun. And now the stupid long free play. I shoot the first two rounds way low and left. I knew this trigger and I were not going to be going on another date. I finished up the rest of the box of ammo, and knew I was done with the LCP. Like the difference between driving a car with a power steering and one without.

You can't honestly shoot a Sig 238 and then a LCP and say I want a LCP. That is not real world.
    The recoil difference in the two was extremely significant. While I have shot thousand of rounds through the LCP's, I managed to still do well even with the fast shooting and lack of time. I did have about 4 or 5 wild flyers due to the unfamiliarity of the crazy freeplay it the trigger. Man I just hated it. After shooting the 238 which feels so good in the hand with the 9/11 style and the solid steel material, it is just easy to handle. Go from that to the LCP and the LCP feels not cheap, but just not solid.

The LCP did not shoot horrible, it retains the harsh snappy recoil as it's predecessors. It is a gun with practice you can do well. but it is not a "Smooth gun" and you will either like the trigger or hate it.
    Is The Sig worth almost double the price? For myself, someone that loves to shoot often YES, for a person that will just get by on a few hundred rounds a year NO. Of course that person should expect to put in a lot of range time to shoot accurately.

The only problem that bothered me with the Sig, was the fact that it was just too easy. It was like shooting a 22.cal with a little kick which made it fun. But it also made me say to myself "Maybe the 380 cartridge is just too anemic." This gun made it feel so light.

So How do I feel? LCP ll will not make it into my future arsenal. And now I am considering the Kimber Micro 9.

By the way, the LCP did give my finger a little bit of pain. Nothing major, and had one malfunction and I will try and show the deformed case from the round. I have no idea what caused that. The sig had One failure due to a dud primer strike. The Sig obviously had been shot a lot and I think maybe it needs a overhaul but did shoot fine in every other way.
    This is just my opinion based on quick shooting of 25 rounds through both guns.

Anxiously looking forward to the PM range session with My LCR 9mm and New Boot grip. Odd, but this am there was not one other person shooting. Hoping for the same this afternoon.
    A belt gun might as well be 9mm .
    EasyCZ likes this.

10. #29 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    A belt gun might as well be 9mm .
    While in the store, I had a chance to try out a Khar 380 (Not shoot). Man it felt good and I like the trigger. The price was $379.00 I almost bought it. I need to go back and restudy these. Might be a good buy.

On another note. It was really nice to go from Putting a mag into a Sig 238 vs the Ruger LCP. A really solid feel with the Sig.

and to add to the ammo on the rented guns I used, I had to buy their ammo. It felt like a light load. The bad round in the LCP ll can very well be just the ammo.
    Sellier & Bellot Ammunition 380 ACP 92 Grain Full Metal Jacket

11. #30 Re: Ruger LCP II 
    I love Nutfancy. And Mr. Mike, sure you can all me Dave. [B]
    Thanks Dave & you can call me Mike, just not Mikey. I have to know I have about 30 minutes before I start to watch him. He had a lot to do with me buying the Bersa online without ever having held one. Mine is like the combat he shows only it is black & is called the C C. The only thing I disagreed with him on is it is not a pocket gun. If you haven't tried one you should.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads