Frame pin walking out - Page 7

Frame pin walking out

This is a discussion on Frame pin walking out within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by louchia I have read that the pins are tapered and should be removed from the right side and then installed from the ...

Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Frame pin walking out

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    I have read that the pins are tapered and should be removed from the right side and then installed from the left. Be sure to ask about that.
    I see in your avatar that you have the Hogue Grips. Me too. The pins are definitely tapered. The replacement pin that comes with the Hogue is even more obviously tapered than the factory pin. I also saw in a video that out from right, in from left is the right way to go.

2. #62 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Slight change to this, once I got the pistol back and read the work order, I saw they had replaced the trigger pivot pin, and the slide lock spring!? (Haven't got a chance to get to the range yet with it). I was thinking, why that spring?? It was locking back fine, and the reason I sent it in was for the takedown pin issue!

So...made a call to Ruger, and talked to the tech who worked on it. Who explained, on the newer LCP II, that spring also works as a detent spring to keep the pin in place, unlike the earlier models! (The pivot pin was called a "service upgrade). And he said he felt that spring needed replacement.

So, I guess I learned something new today, and just have to wait to get out to the range again to see how she runs.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads