Frame pin walking out - Page 3

Frame pin walking out

This is a discussion on Frame pin walking out within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by pennsy Part # 29 . There are two of them , one being in the front . Frame insert pins are their ...

Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Frame pin walking out

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Part # 29 . There are two of them , one being in the front . Frame insert pins are their name on the parts list .
    That's interesting. The rear frame insert pin is the one you have to remove to install a Hogue Handall grip, right? If it is, you should be able to reinsert it with a rubber mallet. Having said that, it shouldn't be walking out on its own. The videos I've seen indicate that quite a bit of force is required to punch out that frame insert pin in order to install the Handall. Check this out:

Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

2. #22 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Interesting. The rear frame insert pin is the one you have to remove to install a Hogue Handall grip, right? If it is, you should be able to reinsert it with a rubber mallet. Having said that, it shouldn't be walking out on its own. The videos I've seen indicate that quite a bit of force is required to punch out that frame pin in order to install the Handall. Check this out:

When CS asked which side it is coming out of and I told her the right side , she knew right away it was wrong . She said it is meant to be removed out the left side . The fact that it was coming out the right side sounds like either the pin is undersized or originally installed backwards . I did not pick her brain . I should of just for my own knowledge . I'll let you know how the new pin works after shooting it .

3. #23 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    When CS asked which side it is coming out of and I told her the right side , she knew right away it was wrong . She said it is meant to be removed out the left side . The fact that it was coming out the right side sounds like either the pin is undersized or originally installed backwards . I did not pick her brain . I should of just for my own knowledge . I'll let you know how the new pin works after shooting it .
    When you say the "right" side, you're talking about the side facing your palm when you hold the gun in your hand, not the side facing your thumb, correct? (I assume you're right-handed. If not, reverse that configuration.) If that's correct, it appears that the person in the video is removing and reinstalling the pin from the wrong side! Maybe that's why he had so much trouble getting it out.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    When you say the "right" side, you're talking about the side facing your palm when you hold the gun in your hand, not the side facing your thumb, correct? (I assume you're right-handed. If not, reverse that configuration.) If that's correct, it appears that the person in the video is removing and reinstalling the pin from the wrong side! Maybe that's why he had so much trouble getting it out.
    Yes , the right side when holding the gun as if shooting it and from the shooters perspective . The guy in vid is using a nail set , not a punch . A nail set is tapered and gets fatter along the shaft . He was actually enlarging the left side hole by trying to remove that pin . He was not kidding about being drunk !
    Last edited by SkipD; 02-28-2017 at 09:59 AM.

6. #25 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    That's REALLY good to know. Makes me wonder how many LCP owners have installed their Handalls the wrong way.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #26 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    That's REALLY good to know. Makes me wonder how many LCP owners have installed their Handalls the wrong way.
    I'm just going by our brief phone conversation . She said instructions will accompany the pins .

8. #27 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Excellent. I would DEFINITELY take CS's word for the fact that there's a right way and a wrong way to remove and insert the frame pins. You'll know more when the instructions arrive. Please keep us posted. :-)
    Last edited by bld522; 02-28-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    pennsy likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

9. #28 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    You are correct. The guy in the demo video is taking the pin out the right(wrong) side.
    With the gun pointing away from you, right is on your right and left on your left.

10. #29 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Wow! Do you think that's common knowledge? And does Hogue include that instruction with the Handall for the LCP?

Seriously, the things I've learned from you guys since I've been here are PRICELESS!!! Behold the power of the Internet.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-28-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

11. #30 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Yes , the right side when holding the gun as if shooting it and from the shooters perspective . The guy in vid is using a nail set , not a punch . A nail set is tapered and gets fatter along the shaft . He was actually enlarging the left side hole by trying to remove that pin . He was not kidding about being drunk !
    Pennsy, did you buy the gun new or used? Either way it is possible someone removed the pin from the wrong side as shown in the video and enlarged the hole.
    The plot thickens!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads