Frame pin walking out - Page 2

Frame pin walking out

This is a discussion on Frame pin walking out within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I wish I had a job repairing all these new guns being returned to Ruger for repair. Talk about job security!...

Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Frame pin walking out

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
  1. #11 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    I wish I had a job repairing all these new guns being returned to Ruger for repair. Talk about job security!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    424
    I just spoke with Ruger about the frame insert pin coming out.They are meant to come out the left side .Mine is coming out the right.She asked if I can change it myself and I asked if it was just punching it out and inserting the new one to which she said yes.Long story short:new pins are on the way with directions.Quick and easy service.No wait.Now hopefully that fixes the problem.
    davevabch, ETS and louchia like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
    I wish I had a job repairing all these new guns being returned to Ruger for repair. Talk about job security!
    Yep, my LCP II is heading back to Prescott, to have the take down spring looked at.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member louchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I just spoke with Ruger about the frame insert pin coming out.They are meant to come out the left side .Mine is coming out the right.She asked if I can change it myself and I asked if it was just punching it out and inserting the new one to which she said yes.Long story short:new pins are on the way with directions.Quick and easy service.No wait.Now hopefully that fixes the problem.
    Ruger CS is the best. I'm surprised that so many are hesitant to call. I always found CS to be knowledgeable and helpful. And they often send free parts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #15 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I just spoke with Ruger about the frame insert pin coming out.They are meant to come out the left side .Mine is coming out the right.She asked if I can change it myself and I asked if it was just punching it out and inserting the new one to which she said yes.Long story short:new pins are on the way with directions.Quick and easy service.No wait.Now hopefully that fixes the problem.
    Wow, I have had 5 LCP's and never had the frame pin come out. But again, I have Hogue grips on all of mine. Let us know for the reason they are coming out.
    NRA BENEFACTOR
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #16 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiewood View Post
    Yep, my LCP II is heading back to Prescott, to have the take down spring looked at.
    Biggiewood, let us know what Ruger finds to be the cause. Welcome to the forums!
    NRA BENEFACTOR
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #17 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    boo
    boo is offline
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    88
    Are you talking about the take down pin?. If not, can you post a picture with an arrow pointing to the pin in question?.
    Might be a good idea so owners can keep an eye on the pin.
    I have heard about this for sometime but, now i``m confused as to which pin is the problem.
    tabbywmollya likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #18 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Are you talking about the take down pin?. If not, can you post a picture with an arrow pointing to the pin in question?.
    Might be a good idea so owners can keep an eye on the pin.
    I have heard about this for sometime but, now i``m confused as to which pin is the problem.
    If you are talking to me , the rear most pin keeps coming out .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #19 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Hero Member bld522's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Shooting Distance from the Emerald City
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    If you are talking to me , the rear most pin keeps coming out .
    When you talk about the rear most frame pins (plural) coming out, are you referring to part numbers 29 and 31 on this diagram?

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...959a17a60f.jpg
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

    Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #20 Re: Frame pin walking out 
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    When you talk about the rear most frame pins (plural) coming out, are you referring to part numbers 29 and 31 on this diagram?

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...959a17a60f.jpg
    Part # 29 . There are two of them , one being in the front . Frame insert pins are their name on the parts list .
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. LCP .380 PIN Walking out
    By jd955 in forum General LCP Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 12:19 PM
  2. New lcp walking pin
    By Copskid in forum LCP Technical
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 07:07 PM
  3. Walking take down pin
    By davevabch in forum LCP Technical
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 07:51 PM
  4. Fed up with walking frame pins, added super glue!
    By sirtirithon in forum LCP Technical
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 07:31 PM
  5. Walking Hammer Catch Pin
    By Doug in FL in forum LCP Technical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM