What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? - Page 5

What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo?

This is a discussion on What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Joenaper Thanks guys. My New Year resolution was to get to the range every week. I've missed one week so far and ...

View Poll Results: What is the MTBF for the LCP with Standard Factory Ammo?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 100 Rounds

1 7.69%
  • 101 - 250 Rounds

3 23.08%
  • 251 - 500 Rounds

0 0%
  • 501 - 1,000 Rounds

3 23.08%
  • 1,001 - 2,000 Rounds

3 23.08%
  • 2,001 - 3,000 Rounds

1 7.69%
  • 3,001 - 4,000 Rounds

1 7.69%
  • Greater than 4,000 Rounds

1 7.69%
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    Thanks guys. My New Year resolution was to get to the range every week. I've missed one week so far and will miss again next week (out of town). I certainly wouldn't rule out limp wristing as the cause of my early FTE. I don't think I mentioned it here but I did confess on another forum - I got a very nasty slide bite around the 3rd or 4th magazine with my LCP. It was pretty embarrassing because I was giving my wife instruction at the range. Of course I covered grip extensively and told her most shooters only get one in their lifetime. It's a learning experience and a right of passage. Anyways, while banging away with the new little tool, I kept adjusting my grip trying to find the zone of comfort and control when holy crap. I bled like a stuck pig. There was no hiding it.

I'm pretty comfortable with my LCP for what it's supposed to do now so I may back off a bit on the number of weekly .380 rounds and fire more 9mm and .22 as time goes on. Although I just bought another 800 rounds of .380. (Dick's buy one get one 50% off) .

I'll keep the round count up and give an update when I reach a milestone or have a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much was the Dicks 380? I use to do the Dick thing as well. I would buy the Remington UMC 250 pack 9mm when It was on sale and get the second one for half.

FYI, Training to shoot the little guns is fun, and one of the most fun times I have is Taking the Phoenix HPA 22 to the range. I have posted this many times. I use the Glow on pastors in 3 inc. past 8 of them to a standard range target and as quick as you can hit as many as you can. Do this over and over and You will be amazed at how good you can become at quick point and shoot skills. Not to mention just really great fun. Compete with the wife. The gun, is cheap in cost, but ultra reliable on cheap ammo. I have two. Also this gun feels great in the hand. Looks like a Sig 38 or Colt Mustang.

Last edited by davevabch; 03-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    rayzer007 likes this.

2. #42 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    How much was the Dicks 380? I use to do the Dick thing as well. I would buy the Remington UMC 250 pack 9mm when It was on sale and get the second one for half.
    It was $22.99 list so the second box was $11.50 bringing the per round down to $0.34. Not a great deal but not bad. It's Winchester USA Target Pack 95gr FMJ. I have trouble finding reasonable priced 380 locally. The list on 9mm was $14.99 so with the same promo, it brought the per round cost to $0.22. I stocked up a bit. I hadn't seen this particular packaging before but assume it's the same as all WWB. We'll see...What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo?-img_0641.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads