What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? - Page 3

What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo?

This is a discussion on What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by boo Huh. Why am I a bad guy?. Did not fully understand your post. Sorry you took my post wrong . I ...

View Poll Results: What is the MTBF for the LCP with Standard Factory Ammo?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 100 Rounds

2 11.76%
  • 101 - 250 Rounds

3 17.65%
  • 251 - 500 Rounds

0 0%
  • 501 - 1,000 Rounds

3 17.65%
  • 1,001 - 2,000 Rounds

5 29.41%
  • 2,001 - 3,000 Rounds

1 5.88%
  • 3,001 - 4,000 Rounds

2 11.76%
  • Greater than 4,000 Rounds

1 5.88%
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Huh. Why am I a bad guy?. Did not fully understand your post.
    Sorry you took my post wrong . I was pretending to say this to a bad guy as my gun falls apart and I ask for help looking for the parts after calling time out .Ever see the movie Survivors with Robin Williams and Jerry Reed? They are having a shoot out and Robin's character runs out of bullets.He calls a time out and asks Jerry's character if he can go get more bullets because he brought the wrong ones.Oh well.A lame attempt at humor.
    Last edited by pennsy; 03-01-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    davevabch and Denny4kids like this.

2. #22 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Lol, I remember that movie, really funny moment. I remember when my slide came off and went flying down range, not once, but twice. Kind of embarrassing to have to go ask the range master to stop everyone from shooting so you can retrieve your gun. (and people ask why I change my pins so often)
    Then Jerry Reed says OK . As Robin steps out from behind the tree , Jerry shoots his gun . Robins says " you don't shoot someones gun ". Good stuff .
    That range incident sounds like fun .
    davevabch likes this.

3. #23 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Going back to the MTBF question, I'm hopeful the round count is on the higher end of most guesses so far. I've only had my Custom for about two months and I've already put just over 750 rounds through it. By the sounds of things, if I keep taking it to the range weekly, I will have exhausted its useful life in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Hard to say, Joe. Nice thing is, if you break it Ruger will fix it. So if you enjoy pouring rounds through it, I'd say carry on. :-)
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #25 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    Going back to the MTBF question, I'm hopeful the round count is on the higher end of most guesses so far. I've only had my Custom for about two months and I've already put just over 750 rounds through it. By the sounds of things, if I keep taking it to the range weekly, I will have exhausted its useful life in a couple weeks.
    Joe - if you keep up the shooting please keep us posted on how things progress. I think you are going to be our official "torture tester"!

Also, welcome to the club - you will fit right in! Glad you joined!

Ray
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

7. #26 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Joe's got a ways to go to beat guys like louchia and davevabch. They've put literally thousands of rounds through their LCPs. But yes, feedback from high utilizers is always appreciated.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #27 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Way to go Joe, I like a man that shoots often. Keep the maintenance up and you might really get some mileage.
    Thanks! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this forum. I'll do my intro in this thread rather than the new member forum to spare you all the, "welcome from my state" posts.

My New Years resolution was to get to the range weekly. I missed last week for the first time this year. I got my wife into shooting recently and she's become a pretty enthusiastic shooter already. It's nice to have another range buddy. I own six Ruger pistols and the LCPs are the newest. When getting her into shooting, I started her with my SR22 and Single Six. She wanted to rent an LCP at the range. Said it looked less intimidating than my SR9c, LC9s or Glock 17. I was skeptical about the recoil and muzzle flip for her but I didn't want to discourage her. She loved it. I loved it and now have two LCPs. I'm over 750 rounds and she's at about 400 on hers. I cleaned all the factory gunk out before the first trip to the range and three times since. As far as any additional maintenance, none so far. I'm thinking about adding the Wolf or Galloway 13# recoil springs so that will likely be the first thing to do. I probably have well over 10k rounds through my other Rugers. None have ever gone back to Ruger for repair.

I've had a CCL for three years now (was among the first to get one in IL once they finally got the law in place). I have rotated carrying my SR9c and LC9s up until getting the LCP Custom. Now I just love dropping that little thing in my pocket. It's a pleasure to carry. The LC9s has become a tweener that's losing carry time.

Thanks for having me on the forum. I'm sure I'll be a reasonably active member.
    rayzer007 likes this.

9. #28 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Sounds like you're going to be a real credit to the forum, Joe. Glad to have you aboard.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

10. #29 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quick update on the LCP Custom. Just over 900 rounds now. 75 rounds of 3 different brands of JHP defensive ammo and the rest assorted FMJ (cheapest I could find at the moment) still holding at exactly one FTE at about round 40-50 and not another flaw since.
    It's been cleaned 5 times - just Remoil so far - nothing heavier duty. TD pin has never walked on me. I've ordered new recoil springs and a spare take down pin but don't have them yet. It's working just fine and I'm getting better at shooting it. I'm very satisfied. I don't know if this constitutes a 'torture test'. I'm averaging about 80 rounds a week and Elsie and I are both having a good time so far.

11. #30 Re: What is the MTBF for the LCP with standard factory ammo? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    Quick update on the LCP Custom. Just over 900 rounds now. 75 rounds of 3 different brands of JHP defensive ammo and the rest assorted FMJ (cheapest I could find at the moment) still holding at exactly one FTE at about round 40-50 and not another flaw since.
    What I find more impressive than the Count, is the fact that Joe only had one malfunction. I cannot honestly remember having any, other than when I first started and that was due to what I believe to be improper handling of the gun.
    Thanks, guys. Given the extremely small number of complaints I've seen and read concerning the LCP versus the number of LCPs that have been sold since its introduction in 2008 (over 1.5M to date), I have to conclude that your experiences represent the rule rather than the exceptions. Keep it up!

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads