LCP failures poll

LCP failures poll

This is a discussion on LCP failures poll within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Trying to get a handle on just how many frame cracks and take down pin failures have been experienced by LCP owners and at what ...

View Poll Results: I have owned an LCP that has had :

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • LCP Gen 1 frame crack

3 7.50%
  • LCP Gen 2 frame crack

1 2.50%
  • LCP II frame crack

0 0%
  • LCP Gen 1 take down pin failure

2 5.00%
  • LCP Gen 2 take down pin failure

1 2.50%
  • LCP II take down pin failure

1 2.50%
  • None of the above failures

31 77.50%
  • My round count is /was less than 1000

17 42.50%
  • My round count is/was more than 1000

9 22.50%
  • None of the above but another type failure that I will describe in a post

3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: LCP failures poll

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 LCP failures poll 
    Trying to get a handle on just how many frame cracks and take down pin failures have been experienced by LCP owners and at what round count. More than one option can be checked.
    rayzer007 and Denny4kids like this.

2. #2 re: LCP failures poll 
    I believe most of the frame cracks were actually cracks at the frame insert. The cracked rails were at the insert which is a cast metal piece. There was a video showing an actual frame crack at the rear pin. That is the first crack I have seen in this location. I'm not sure if the shooter dropped the weapon or used hot ammo or maybe the frame failed. For all practical purposes a crack is a crack but one is metal, and one is plastic. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

3. #3 re: LCP failures poll 
    Well-constructed poll, pennsy. Looks like you took the time to think about it and get it right. The only problem in trying to "get a handle on [it]" as you said is that the subset of LCP owners that participate in this forum is so tiny that you're not going to get statistically significant results no matter how many votes get cast. Polls run in forums like this one are indicators at best and may or may not express the experience and attitudes of the general population of LCP owners . . . a population that runs into the many hundreds of thousands if my information is correct. And you have to expect a bias to exist in favor of LCPs in a forum dedicated to the discussion of LCPs. But if you don't put too much store in their outcomes, polls in forums like this one sure can be a lot of fun. :-)

PS: I also ran a poll to find out if anyone around here had ever stopped carrying their LCP due to issues they had with it or heard that other LCP owners had with theirs. Our polls are related so I figured I'd put the link to my poll here:

LCP carry poll

I put the link to your poll in the OP of my poll as well. That way folks can cross-reference them if they like.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-12-2017 at 11:10 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: LCP failures poll 
    Pennsy, you are not going to get a true frame crack count from your poll, you will only get a count just from the forum and not included the thousands sold outside the forum. Toytraindoc
    pennsy and bigdogdaddy like this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

6. #5 re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Well-constructed poll, pennsy. Looks like you took the time to thing about it and get it right. The only problem in trying to "get a handle on [it]" as you said is that the subset of LCP owners that participate here is so tiny that you're not going to get statistically significant results no matter how many votes get cast. Polls run in forums like this one are indicators at best and may or may not express the experience and attitudes of the general population of LCP owners. But if you don't put too much store in their outcomes, they sure can be a lot of fun. :-)

PS: I also ran a poll to find out if anyone had ever stopped carrying their LCP due to issues they had with it or heard that other LCP owners had with theirs. Our polls are related so I figured I put the link to my poll here:

LCP carry poll

I put the link to your poll in my poll as well. That way folks can cross-reference them.
    Thanks .Snowing like hell here in Pa. today. Nothing better to do. I know it will be a small representation.Also the round count will be a little hard to make anything of but only get 10 poll options.

7. #6 re: LCP failures poll 
    I couldn't have done better. And I've seen and participated in lots of polls in other forums before. So please consider this a tip of the hat to you, sir!

Stay warm.

8. #7 re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Pennsy, you are not going to get a true frame crack count from your poll, you will only get a count just from the forum and not included the thousands sold outside the forum. Toytraindoc
    I'd say the real value of a poll like this one is to investigate the experience and attitude of folks who participate here and not the general population. So the results of a poll run in this forum may in fact be statistically significant, but only within the confines of this forum. They shouldn't be applied to the general population.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-12-2017 at 11:40 AM.

9. #8 Re: LCP failures poll 
    There should be other data like how often did you change your guide rod, guide springs, how often did you clean your gun, what kind of ammo were you using, How many times did you change out your take down pin? As Denny said, hot ammo should be considered. Too many variables to make a good judgement.

10. #9 Re: LCP failures poll 
    And there's the problem in a nutshell. Some polls have more variables than can be captured in a single poll. You may need to run several polls concurrently or sequentially to capture them all, and most people don't have the patience to put up with that. I think pennsy did a good job of capturing the major variables in his poll, so I'd still give it a thumbs-up. But I get your point.
    davevabch likes this.

11. #10 Re: LCP failures poll 
    I wonder if you could add a 10'th line in the pole to read: none of the above but another type failure that I will describe in a post. A misc. failure vote. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads