LCP failures poll - Page 3

LCP failures poll

This is a discussion on LCP failures poll within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Right. And if a view is generated every time someone goes back to see the results from time to time . . . well, you ...

View Poll Results: I have owned an LCP that has had :

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • LCP Gen 1 frame crack

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 frame crack

1 2.17%
  • LCP II frame crack

0 0%
  • LCP Gen 1 take down pin failure

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • LCP II take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • None of the above failures

36 78.26%
  • My round count is /was less than 1000

19 41.30%
  • My round count is/was more than 1000

12 26.09%
  • None of the above but another type failure that I will describe in a post

4 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: LCP failures poll

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Right. And if a view is generated every time someone goes back to see the results from time to time . . . well, you get the picture.

In the final analysis, polls in forums like this one are just for fun and their results shouldn't be taken too seriously.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-14-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    pennsy and davevabch like this.

2. #22 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    That would be great. You would think a site devoted to the LCP,people would be eager to vote that theirs was problem free.Maybe that option should be first.
    I think unhappy people are more likely to vote. So I take pole results so far as a good sign.

3. #23 Re: LCP failures poll 
    You're probably right, louchia. I wouldn't expect glowing accolades to radiate from an item few people will use for its intended purpose over the course of their entire lifetimes. Even folks that have had to use their LCPs for its intended purpose probably won't brag about it. After all, shooting a human being is generally not considered to be good form even when it's in self-defense. So I don't think we'll ever know how well their LCPs performed when they were used as intended nor will any poll ever capture that data. I mean, consider a poll that goes something like this:

Question: Did your LCP work when you fired it in self-defense?

Options: (1) Yes. (2) No. (3) I don't know. I didn't survive the encounter.

We're not likely to see that kind of poll posted anywhere, are we? And yet in the final analysis, it's the only poll that really counts.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    rayzer007 and davevabch like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: LCP failures poll 
    19.23 % failure rate here and 16 % failure rate at a different forum (same poll). Most users under 1000 rounds. Probably a lot of abstract factors in play here .I hope.

6. #25 Re: LCP failures poll 
    19.23 % failure rate here and 16 % failure rate at a different forum (same poll). Most users under 1000 rounds. Probably a lot of abstract factors in play here .I hope.
    Hope has nothing to do with it. With 1.5M LCPs sold since 2008, neither poll is statistically significant. Sample size is without a doubt the single largest "abstract factor" at play here. And anyone who puts any store in the results of either poll is quite simply deluding themselves.

7. #26 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Hope has nothing to do with it. With 1.5M LCPs sold since 2008, neither poll is statistically significant. That is without a doubt the single largest "abstract factor" at play here. Anyone who puts any store in the results of either of them is quite simply deluding themselves.
    With 17,407 members , I was hoping for a few hundred votes at least.Only 27.

8. #27 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Had every single one of those members voted, the results would still not have been significantly significant. Do the math. 17,500 divided by 1,500,000 = .1%. That means that 99.9% of all of the LCPs sold would not have been represented in those results.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The best way to judge the reliability of the LCP is to look at the number of complaints about it that have been publicized since 2008. There's a research project that might reveal some useful information, not a poll like this one or my poll and anyone else's poll for that matter. Polls like ours are just for fun. They should not be expected to yield meaningful results. Those who think they do are suffering from AFS . . . Alternative Fact Syndrome.
    Last edited by bld522; 02-18-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    davevabch likes this.

9. #28 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Had every single one of those members voted, the results would still not have been significantly significant. Do the math. 17,500 divided by 1,500,000 = .1%.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The best way to judge the reliability of the LCP is to look at the number of complaints about it that have been publicized since 2008. There's a research project that might reveal some useful information, not a poll like this one or my poll and anyone else's poll for that matter. Polls like ours are just for fun. They should not be expected to yield meaningful results. Those who think they do are suffering from AFS . . . Alternative Fact Syndrome.
    Don't have to poll all 1.5 million to get a representative slice. All polls have a margin of error based on numerous factors, number of people polled being one of them. If the failure rate remained at this level with higher participation , it would give us a rough idea.
    davevabch likes this.

10. #29 Re: LCP failures poll 
    If you examine the forum membership, you'll find that the HUGE majority of the listed members have not visited the forum in a long time. There may be 100 (just a guess) who frequent the forum (staying active for a year or more) and then there are a few new members who check in for a short time, find their information, and may not return (at least for a long time).
    Last edited by SkipD; 02-18-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    Skip Douglas

11. #30 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Don't have to poll all 1.5 million to get a representative slice. All polls have a margin of error based on numerous factors, number of people polled being one of them. If the failure rate remained at this level with higher participation , it would give us a rough idea.
    I'll bite. How much higher would the participation rate need to be to give us a rough idea? Even if you willing to accept a sample size as low as, say, 10%, you're still talking about 150,000 LCPs.

Wanna keep playing? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    If you examine the forum membership, you'll find that the HUGE majority of the listed members have not visited the forum in a long time. There may be 100 (just a guess) who frequent the forum (staying active for a year or more) and then there are a few new members who check in for a short time, find their information, and may not return (at least for a long time).
    Precisely my point. Seems to me we're just here to have fun, share useful information when we have it, and not take ourselves too seriously.
    rayzer007 likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads