LCP failures poll - Page 2

LCP failures poll

This is a discussion on LCP failures poll within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Am not sure how to answer the poll, since my first LCP II had a major failure that required replacement by Ruger, but not due ...

View Poll Results: I have owned an LCP that has had :

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • LCP Gen 1 frame crack

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 frame crack

1 2.17%
  • LCP II frame crack

0 0%
  • LCP Gen 1 take down pin failure

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • LCP II take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • None of the above failures

36 78.26%
  • My round count is /was less than 1000

19 41.30%
  • My round count is/was more than 1000

12 26.09%
  • None of the above but another type failure that I will describe in a post

4 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: LCP failures poll

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: LCP failures poll 
    ETS
    Am not sure how to answer the poll, since my first LCP II had a major failure that required replacement by Ruger, but not due to any of the listed problems. By checking "none of the above", I hate to be supporting "everything was hunkey-dorey".
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

2. #12 Re: LCP failures poll 
    That's what the comments section is for, ETS. If you've had a failure that isn't covered in the poll, you can post it here so others can see what it was. Having said that, I see you reported it in the LCP Carry Poll. So I'll just repost it here. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    My first II "froze up" on its 26th round, Ruger replaced it and #2 is 100% reliable with all kinds of hp ammo after about 300 rounds and I don't even think about further failures or accidental discharges.
    ETS likes this.

3. #13 Re: LCP failures poll 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    That's what the comments section is for, ETS. If you've had a failure that isn't covered in the poll, you can post it here so others can see what it was. Having said that, I see you reported it in the LCP Carry Poll. So I'll just repost it here. :-)
    Thanks bld22---can/do I still need to vote?
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Yes, you can still vote if you haven't voted yet. But once you've cast your vote, you can't go back and change it.

6. #15 Re: LCP failures poll 
    ETS
    My initial reaction is that Gen.1 and 2 should have a "poll" separate from II series.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

7. #16 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Interesting. More than 300 views and only 17 responses. Is that an indication that a large majority have no issues?

8. #17 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    Interesting. More than 300 views and only 17 responses. Is that an indication that a large majority have no issues?
    That would be great. You would think a site devoted to the LCP,people would be eager to vote that theirs was problem free.Maybe that option should be first.

9. #18 Re: LCP failures poll 
    boo
    Pennsy, I know your poll is not scientific. It is a simple poll. No plan on my part to argue about how your poll is set up. I think it is fine like it is and it is a great idea. After all, what is wrong with being informed. Hope it stays up for a long time.
    boo
    louchia likes this.

10. #19 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Pennsy, I know your poll is not scientific.
    Right you are, boo. The sample size alone makes it unscientific. It may be "scientific" from the perspective of expressing the attitudes and experiences of folks who participate in this forum, however. But even that may be doubtful if louchia's post about the number of views is correct. My question is whether a "view" and a "person" are the same thing. In other words, can one person provide several views? If so, we REALLY don't know the poll's sample size.

11. #20 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Right you are, boo. The sample size alone makes it unscientific. It may be "scientific" from the perspective of expressing the attitudes and experiences of folks who participate in this forum, however. But even that may be doubtful if louchia's post about the number of views is correct. My question is whether a "view" and a "person" are the same thing. In other words, can one person provide several views? If so, we REALLY don't know the poll's sample size.
    That's true.People may be going back to it to see the results from time to time.
    louchia likes this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads