LCP failures poll - Page 14

LCP failures poll

This is a discussion on LCP failures poll within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by pennsy Did they volunteer that info about voiding the warranty or did you have to ask ? The lady CS agent I ...

View Poll Results: I have owned an LCP that has had :

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • LCP Gen 1 frame crack

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 frame crack

1 2.17%
  • LCP II frame crack

0 0%
  • LCP Gen 1 take down pin failure

3 6.52%
  • LCP Gen 2 take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • LCP II take down pin failure

1 2.17%
  • None of the above failures

36 78.26%
  • My round count is /was less than 1000

19 41.30%
  • My round count is/was more than 1000

12 26.09%
  • None of the above but another type failure that I will describe in a post

4 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: LCP failures poll

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
  1. #131 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Did they volunteer that info about voiding the warranty or did you have to ask ?
    The lady CS agent I spoke to offered that. To which I replied, "yeah, how soon can you email me the RMA?".
    pennsy and ETS like this.

2. #132 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiewood View Post
    The lady CS agent I spoke to offered that. To which I replied, "yeah, how soon can you email me the RMA?".
    I have to admit that I'm having a very hard time with this. Nothing about it makes sense. Why would Ruger offer you or anyone else for that matter a solution to an issue they're having that would void their warranty? And yes, I realize Ruger doesn't have a "warranty" per se. In Ruger's case, I assume "voiding the warranty" would result in Ruger's unwillingness to fix ANY issue that arises with the gun during its lifetime.

Obviously, returning the pistol in your case was the ONLY thing that made sense. Had it been me, however, I would have pressed the issue by asking the CS rep if she was being serious or if she just wanted my gun back so Ruger could inspect the problem for themselves. Maybe her response was really meant to be her way of requesting that you send it in.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #133 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    I have to admit that I'm having a very hard time with this. Nothing about it makes sense. Why would Ruger offer you or anyone else for that matter a solution to an issue they're having that would void their warranty? And yes, I realize Ruger doesn't have a "warranty" per se. In Ruger's case, I assume "voiding the warranty" would result in Ruger's unwillingness to fix ANY issue that arises with the gun during its lifetime.
    I have no idea. I thought it strange too. I assume that they consider someone stripping it to that point to be willing to forgo later warranty coverage.

I can wait for them to look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #134 Re: LCP failures poll 
    Well like said, you definitely did the right thing by sending it in. And I'm glad you did.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #135 Re: LCP failures poll 
    I see a lot of new members and even some old on the forum lately that may have missed this poll . For a better representation , more voters would help .

7. #136 Re: LCP failures poll 
    My only problem or failure is when at the range and the gun gets dirty, just shy of 70 rounds, and then an occasional fail to feed. The gun is carried w/the factory 7 round mag w/a spare 6 round mag in my pocket. Running a range drill and emptying both mags as fast as possible, the gun is flawless w/my carry ammo as well as range fodder so I am confident it will work when and if needed. If I do a field strip @ the range and wipe down the feed ramp and internals it has no further hang ups.

UPDATE: After reading comments from others I realized my Elsie "failures" could be me and not the gun. I have big hands and get sore after around 50 rounds so the hang-ups could be limp wristing due to fatigue. Hate to admit a personal failure as an experienced shooter but this makes more sense than anything else. The important thing is the gun functions perfectly through two mags of my self defense ammo so will adequately protect me. Cannot imagine any situation where I would need more than two mags to solve a problem.
    Last edited by Splinter; 05-25-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

8. #137 Re: LCP failures poll 
    My post recall gen 1 LCP slide had to be replaced very early on because it wasn't extracting properly. I think it was out of spec. Since that replacement it has been 100%. The only other thing that happened was the take down pin retaining spring broke - never caused any issues but of course I replaced it. Had my LCP since 2009, I consider it a very reliable pocket pistol. For both practical and personal reasons, I will never let it go
    unclenunzie

-------------------------------------------------
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads