LCP carry poll - Page 3

LCP carry poll

This is a discussion on LCP carry poll within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by toytraindoc I carry my Elsie everyday, pocket, IWB or strapped to my ankle. It's all in the way I feel the way ...

View Poll Results: Would issues you've had or heard about persuade you to stop carrying your LCP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 6.38%
  • No

44 93.62%
  • I haven't made up my mind

0 0%
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: LCP carry poll

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LCP carry poll 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    I carry my Elsie everyday, pocket, IWB or strapped to my ankle. It's all in the way I feel the way I want to carry that day.
    Ankle Carry---what rig do you use?
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

2. #22 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Correct Bruce, I personally only use OEM parts. I actually wonder many many times if my first Grip Cracks, or my rail split was caused by High Pressure ammo or not changing recoil spring out more often, or in the beginning bought into the crap about after market springs. NOTE* MY REFERENCES IN THE PAST TO CRACKED FRAMES AND RAIL SPLIT WERE FACTUALLY WRONG. I never had a Frame Crack. I had GRIP CRACKS! My BAD!

Once I stopped using after market recoil springs, did not use any high pressure ammo, changed out the recoil spring with factory OEM springs on a REGULAR BASIS as early as 250 rounds, I do not think or remember any problems. I wish I had done this from the beginning. I order in a small bulk, extra inner and outer Springs, and take down pins. The only after market item I use is a stainless steel guide rod. I met a guy years ago that made them and sent me about 5 of them. I still have 4. It does not wear out.
    Want after market springs to redesign the way Ruger Engineers perfected the gun. Ok, go ahead and experiment. Don't expect Ruger to fix your gun. I told them I did this, and they went above and beyond and repaired my LCP's or replaced them. Personally I would have not have given me squat if I was Ruger.
    Sorry I probably missed it but what problem does not changing the recoil spring cause ? I think I can guess but!!!! I did a no no years ago when on another Ruger forum I read about how to make the LCP a better shooter with a hogue grip & heaver recoil spring, my wife said it helped a lot, that spring is still in the gun.

3. #23 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Sorry I probably missed it but what problem does not changing the recoil spring cause ? I think I can guess but!!!! I did a no no years ago when on another Ruger forum I read about how to make the LCP a better shooter with a hogue grip & heaver recoil spring, my wife said it helped a lot, that spring is still in the gun.
    I've had problems with my LCP not going into battery fully, which seems to have been cured with a recoil spring swap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Did you swap with a stock spring or an aftermarket spring, dodgeman1?
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #25 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Purchased an LCP II today to eventually replace my four year old LCP. The old one still works great, but I was anxious to try out the new version. After I put 100 rounds through it, it'll probably move into my front pocket. I had considered going to the LC9, but I decided to stick with pocket carry as most practical for my retirement life style. New gun fits fine in my current leather pocket holster and removes any concerns re the light trigger.

I also picked up a spare magazine since my others are four plus years old. Need to find a cheaper source for mags as LGS was a bit pricey.

7. #26 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by Retops View Post
    Purchased an LCP II today to eventually replace my four year old LCP. The old one still works great, but I was anxious to try out the new version. After I put 100 rounds through it, it'll probably move into my front pocket. I had considered going to the LC9, but I decided to stick with pocket carry as most practical for my retirement life style. New gun fits fine in my current leather pocket holster and removes any concerns re the light trigger.

I also picked up a spare magazine since my others are four plus years old. Need to find a cheaper source for mags as LGS was a bit pricey.
    I was pointed to eBay by a poster here & found 1 for $26.85 free shipping it came from 'shooting range supplies' .
    I have 250 rds through my LCP II no problems & I am using the pocket holster that came with it.

8. #27 Re: LCP carry poll 
    I have about 500 rds of assorted ammo thru my LCP without a fsilure of any kind.
    I carry the 380 about 90% of the time, always with one in the the pipe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    RICHGCOOP likes this.

9. #28 Re: LCP carry poll 
    New User
    I have a gen 1 LCP manufactured June 2011 with a laserlyte side mount laser. This LCP has been 100% reliable with about 450 rounds through it. I carry it in Hunter pocket/wallet holster. I will not get a LCP 2 as I picked up a SIG P238 with SIG factory night sights.

10. #29 Re: LCP carry poll 
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
    I have a gen 1 LCP manufactured June 2011 with a laserlyte side mount laser. This LCP has been 100% reliable with about 450 rounds through it. I carry it in Hunter pocket/wallet holster. I will not get a LCP 2 as I picked up a SIG P238 with SIG factory night sights.
    I have that same holster . Works well but I switched to kydex. With the side laser it would be hard to find a kydex though.
    Last edited by pennsy; 03-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.

11. #30 Re: LCP carry poll 
    I carry my LCP at least 60-70% of the time now - whenever I'm not carrying my SR9c. I even carry it at home during the day. I bought it for pocket carry - something I could slip into my front pocket when running out to the store etc. I have however, found I mostly carry in a small IWB at 4:00 and forget it's there all day. Previously, I was rotating between my SR9c and my LC9s and not carrying every single day - all day. My Custom has enabled me to truly become an everyday carrier. I've mostly gotten away from pocket carry because of the limitations of draw. It's just so light, thin and overall small, there's no reason not to carry during every awaken hour of the day. I love this little pistol. I shoot mine a lot (1,000 rounds) and have only one FTE at about the third magazine when I got it. I'm likely to give my LC9s to my son. I don't carry it anymore.
    Last edited by Joenaper; 03-27-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads