Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Is The LCP Your Primary (Main) Carry

• YES

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • NO

Votes: 21 40.4%

Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry?

22K views 94 replies 31 participants last post by  ETS 
#1 ·
I bought the LCP for warm weather carry only. Did you buy yours for primary carry?
Someone asked for this to be polled.

Ray

#2 ·
How do you set up a poll?
Pick the appropriate forum.
Hit the "New Thread" button.
Fill out subject title and message area, scroll down to the POST A POLL area and click the activation box w/ number of options noted.
Click on Submit NewThread box.
Fill out the necessary info.
Click the Submit New Poll button.

#4 ·
I originally bought an LCP Custom for summer pocket carry. Because of how easy it was to pocket carry the LCP, I found that I continued to primarily carry my LCP Custom even when the weather grew colder and I could carry larger handguns concealed. I wasn't thrilled with trigger on the LCP Custom, but could should it well enough I had no issues carrying it as my primary every day carry. When the LCP II came out, it more than addressed every "shortcoming" I thought the LCP Custom had. Primarily a much much much better single action trigger, which I find much easier to shoot well. I prefer to carry inside the waistband so I have the ability to draw the weapon from a seated position if necessary. I found I will pocket carry the LCP II for quick trips outside the house, when I plan on longer carrying for longer periods throughout a day I found a great IWB holster for the LCP from concealment express that I use. With the advance of self defense ammo, I have no issues carrying a 380 for my primary weapon, but do have 9mm if I think that may be more prudent.

#5 ·
I'm pretty much like Nukes. Except I don't have a LCPII-just a Custom and Concealment Express holster as well as a front pocket holster and a Uncle George rear. I carry Underwood Extreme Perpetrators and with one 7 rd mag in the gun and carrying an additional 7 rd mag I don't feel under-gunned for typical up close SD situations. I know a paper target not shooting back at me is in trouble! But I do like me LCR .357 and Glock 43 a lot. They are both easy to carry IWB/OWB but not pocket carry. I find my Glock 19 too big and heavy and I am experimenting with the Glock 26.

#7 ·
The lil double action has its place when in society walking out on a busy street -crossing a parking lot , while the larger subcompacts have theirs in the real world say up close and personal late at night in your home or getting groceries.

#8 ·
I prefer a shotgun at home but it's a bit much to try to carry into a grocery store. I just bought a Trakline gun belt and a Bianchi AccuMold OWB holster for my SP101 .38+P. I'm hopeful that will get the job done for late night grocery carry.

#10 ·
LCP for shorts & t-shirt wear. Otherwise I wear sufficient clothing to conceal my Model 60 or a 1911.

#13 ·
I am not sure how to answer.

I carried a shield as my EDC before I bought the LCP II.

I bought the LCP II as another "deep carry" option.

But I have found the LCP so easy to carry that it has become my EDC at least four days a week. (My work week)
I still mostly carry my shield on my days off.

I do believe as warmer weather gets closer, my LCP will see even more EDC duty.

#15 ·
The custom is for deep cover/summer carry, otherwise it's either a g43 or g19 depending on dress.
That being said, I find myself carrying the lcp more often then not since it's just so easy to stick in my pocket. In a Sticky holster, of course.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Bought my Custom as a quick pocket option to add to rotation. Now carry it IWB nearly every day. Carry an SR9c 10+1 +17 when I go anywhere I think is more likely trouble. LCP Custom has turned out to be 60-70% of my carry. I now also carry every day which I couldn't honestly say before getting an LCP.

#20 ·
My EDC is a Springfield XDs in .45, but I carry my LCP quite a bit too, depending on where I'm going.

#21 ·
I bought my LCP's with the intent of using them for EDC. Then Ruger introduced and hooked me with the LC9 and then the better LC9s. I carry in a OWB crossdraw Wright Leather Works holster or a OWB pancake holster, of which I can remember no name. Either way, an untucked shirt or jacket makes them disappear almost as well as the LCP. The crossdraw is a great answer to car seat belts.

#22 ·
I will try to carry my single stack 9's when I know I will be out for awhile. As I work from home, I'm frequently in and out a lot, and that's where my LCP gen 1 has come in handy for almost a 6 years now when I need to pop out for a short bit.

I bought my LCP II with the intention of having a second 380 around, and I finally got a chance to hit the range this past weekend (after getting it back from Ruger), to begin function testing again. Only put 50 rounds of ball through it, but no issues to report yet. If I can get another 100 or so FMJ through it, followed by a good 100 self-defense rounds without issue, I'll most likely start adding it into the rotation.

So no, I never did buy the original with the intent of being a primary, but funny how I seem to carry it over 50% of the time as such. :thumbup:

#28 ·
I did not buy it for primary... I guess being a LEO has given me round anxiety haha. right now, the smallest gun I will primary carry for EDC is my G43 (granted it does have a 8+1 setup) and usually a second mag. usually I carry sub-compact double stacks (Springfield XD 3", Glock 26, etc) or one of my 1911's if im in jeans and a decent size shirt (spare mag on a horizontal belt clip, of course hehe).

when I do carry the LCP as a primary, its very rare and its strictly because I can be practically pat down wearing it in my 5.11 concealable shirts and go undetected. it only goes alone, the LCP, in places where its much better than no gun. call me paranoid, but the way things have been going lately, im good carrying everywhere. id much rather never need to use it, on or off... but it doesn't hurt to be prepared and never need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.