Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? - Page 3

Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry?

This is a discussion on Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I bought my LCP's with the intent of using them for EDC. Then Ruger introduced and hooked me with the LC9 and then the better ...

View Poll Results: Is The LCP Your Primary (Main) Carry

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

29 59.18%
  • NO

20 40.82%
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I bought my LCP's with the intent of using them for EDC. Then Ruger introduced and hooked me with the LC9 and then the better LC9s. I carry in a OWB crossdraw Wright Leather Works holster or a OWB pancake holster, of which I can remember no name. Either way, an untucked shirt or jacket makes them disappear almost as well as the LCP. The crossdraw is a great answer to car seat belts.

2. #22 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I will try to carry my single stack 9's when I know I will be out for awhile. As I work from home, I'm frequently in and out a lot, and that's where my LCP gen 1 has come in handy for almost a 6 years now when I need to pop out for a short bit.

I bought my LCP II with the intention of having a second 380 around, and I finally got a chance to hit the range this past weekend (after getting it back from Ruger), to begin function testing again. Only put 50 rounds of ball through it, but no issues to report yet. If I can get another 100 or so FMJ through it, followed by a good 100 self-defense rounds without issue, I'll most likely start adding it into the rotation.

So no, I never did buy the original with the intent of being a primary, but funny how I seem to carry it over 50% of the time as such.

3. #23 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Yup the LCP II was my first pistol purchase ever and it was primarily for something I could easily start carrying. I actually really enjoy shooting the little thing, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    pennsy, rayzer007 and Cop_Out like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    My LCPII is my primary gun only when dressing light in the summer, or when a larger pistol is going to be difficult to conceal. My primary carry gun is a S&W Shield.

6. #25 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    My LCP is in my back pocket when I'm restoring rental apartments.

7. #26 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Started out as a backup but she always seems to follow me out of the house!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

8. #27 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I purchased mine because my primary carry a Glock 26 stayed home or in the car most of the time because it was too bulky and or cumbersome to strap on a holster and gun belt.
    Pocket carry was so much easier. So my LCPII has become my EDC.

9. #28 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I did not buy it for primary... I guess being a LEO has given me round anxiety haha. right now, the smallest gun I will primary carry for EDC is my G43 (granted it does have a 8+1 setup) and usually a second mag. usually I carry sub-compact double stacks (Springfield XD 3", Glock 26, etc) or one of my 1911's if im in jeans and a decent size shirt (spare mag on a horizontal belt clip, of course hehe).

when I do carry the LCP as a primary, its very rare and its strictly because I can be practically pat down wearing it in my 5.11 concealable shirts and go undetected. it only goes alone, the LCP, in places where its much better than no gun. call me paranoid, but the way things have been going lately, im good carrying everywhere. id much rather never need to use it, on or off... but it doesn't hurt to be prepared and never need it.

10. #29 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I originally bought the LCP as a primary due to the convenience factor. Carried them for years. Since then, I have come to realize that the 380 cartridge is far too anemic for a defense round. I now have gotten in the habit of carrying a 9mm as my Primary. Right now I carry either the LCR9mm with plus p, or the LC9S with plus P.
    I believe the pocket guns should be used for a SECONDARY weapon only. Unless working around the yard etc. I do carry a pocket gun all the time, and have moved on from the LCP to a pocket gun that can handle/designed for Plus P, or hot round ammo.

11. #30 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I carry the LCP as my primary for the comfort and convenience factor. I also carry it so that I can conceal it sufficiently to keep from agitating my friends . . . some of whom aren't "gun people" and would probably be distressed if they knew I was packing. Am I sacrificing something by doing that? You bet. I don't think anyone would argue that the .380 Auto isn't the round they'd prefer to rely on in an life-or-death situation. But weighed against all the considerations I have to take into account, it's the largest round I'm willing to carry. Now if somebody comes along with a RELIABLE single-stack 9mm that's as compact and light as an LCP, I'm in! But the size, chamber pressure and recoil generated by the 9mm round would seem to make that an impossibility.
    Joenaper and Smokie_Okie like this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads