Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? - Page 10

Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry?

This is a discussion on Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by davevabch Man that is great advice Bruce. Practicing to the point of destruction? Lol, what happens, does the shooter melt?, turn to ...

View Poll Results: Is The LCP Your Primary (Main) Carry

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

29 59.18%
  • NO

20 40.82%
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. #91 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Man that is great advice Bruce. Practicing to the point of destruction? Lol, what happens, does the shooter melt?, turn to dust? Get committed to a asylum? Or worse yet, does he have to put out a few more hundred dollars for a new gun? Maybe you should write a letter to Hickcock45 and tell him he is shooting to destruction. I think he needs more experience don't you. The Poor soul. He is a lost man. Sorry to rib you Bruce, but I understand you do not like to Practice or train. I guess I will just have to turn to dust or wear out a gun.
    There is practice and then there is practice. Michael Jordan had to practice . You are very diligent . That is what made you a good runner among other things probably . At some point a gun transitions from getting broken in to wear and tear . People too,lol.
    bld522 likes this.

2. #92 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Man that is great advice Bruce. Practicing to the point of destruction? Lol, what happens, does the shooter melt?, turn to dust? Get committed to a asylum? Or worse yet, does he have to put out a few more hundred dollars for a new gun? Maybe you should write a letter to Hickcock45 and tell him he is shooting to destruction. I think he needs more experience don't you. The Poor soul. He is a lost man. Sorry to rib you Bruce, but I understand you do not like to Practice or train. I guess I will just have to turn to dust or wear out a gun.
    Yep. Like I said, once I've burned through my initial 400 rounds, MY opinion of whether or not I've gained sufficient proficiency with my LCP to defend myself with it is the ONLY opinion that will count. Other people's experience is interesting and definitely worth paying attention to, but not definitive . . . or at least not definitive for me. On this one, I'm going to reserve the right to make up my own mind. If someone decides to disagree with me, that's their issue . . . not mine. They can't stop me from carrying my LCP whether they think I'm proficient with it or not, now can they? It will just have to be another exercise in powerlessness for those folks, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-19-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #93 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    There is practice and then there is practice. Michael Jordan had to practice . You are very diligent . That is what made you a good runner among other things probably . At some point a gun transitions from getting broken in to wear and tear . People too,lol.
    Yep, and enjoyed every minute of it. Lol, went through 3 Lcp's and on a fourth. And on to a gun that should be longer lasting. This weekend the LC9 will hit the tracks, and I will let her run her heart out. She likes to be shot and I like to shoot her. We would both most likely die if confined to a stall in a stable. We all die some day, enjoy life while you still have it. Hopefully heaven will be one beautiful range and a lot of running trails. If not, then just me to hell with just one workable gun and full magazine.
    pennsy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #94 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    Amen, Dave. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. I'm just glad you seem to have found a micro pistol that can keep up with you. Maybe louchia needs to get one of those too. ;-)
    davevabch, pennsy and louchia like this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #95 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    I don't keep count, but I put a lot of rounds through my LCP. I needed to in order to become and stay proficient with it. I found that if I went a month without shooting it, my accuracy went south pretty badly. I don't know if I will shoot my LCP II quite as much, because it is a much easier gun to shoot well. On the other hand, it's more fun to shoot, so maybe I will!

7. #96 Re: Did you buy the LCP as your primary carry? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
    I don't keep count, but I put a lot of rounds through my LCP. I needed to in order to become and stay proficient with it. I found that if I went a month without shooting it, my accuracy went south pretty badly. I don't know if I will shoot my LCP II quite as much, because it is a much easier gun to shoot well. On the other hand, it's more fun to shoot, so maybe I will!
    "To shoot, or not to shoot"---actually, I agree with both points.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads