LCP II first range report

LCP II first range report

This is a discussion on LCP II first range report within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Made the first trip to the range with my new LCP II. Here's some quick impressions: It's accurate It's not terribly uncomfortable to shoot, but ...

Like Tree17Likes

Thread: LCP II first range report

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 LCP II first range report 
    Made the first trip to the range with my new LCP II. Here's some quick impressions:

• It's accurate
    • It's not terribly uncomfortable to shoot, but I wouldn't say it's comfortable, either. I'm sure it'd be amazing with a Hogue Hybrid grip, but they don't make one yet.
    • Not sure about reliability yet. I put about 100 rounds through it and had 3 jams. All were failure-to-feed problems where the bullet seemed to get hung up and the gun wouldn't go into battery (no stovepipes, though). All 3 malfunctions were relatively easy to clear by racking the slide. This is a bit of a disappointment for me since this would be a carry gun, reliability is the #1 priority. I understand it's new and maybe needs some breaking in, but I haven't had this many problems with other guns. At this point, I'm not comfortable carrying it, but I'll see how it goes after a few more range trips. I shot a couple of mags of Gold Dots through it, and no problems. The jams occurred with Fiocchi FMJ and American Eagle FMJs.

One other oddity I noticed when cleaning it was the recoil springs are now bent. Not sure if this is really any kind of issue, but I've never seen this on my other guns (see photo).

Overall, nice gun with a good trigger, and it's accurate. I'm just not sure about reliability yet.

LCP II first range report-img_3928.jpg
    rayzer007 and w like this.

2. #2 Re: LCP II first range report 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang_Bang View Post
    • Not sure about reliability yet. I put about 100 rounds through it and had 3 jams...

Not good.

rayzer007 likes this.

3. #3 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    [/LIST]

Not good.

Yeah. To be honest, I was a bit put off by this. It shoots well for such a small gun, but jamming is not cool. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the mag. The feeder on the LCP II mag really wobbles around a lot compared to the original. Not sure if this would matter at all? Here is a quick vid I made to demonstrate. First is the original, then the LCP II. Normal?

https://youtu.be/RSn0nT79oDk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Call Ruger and discuss the issue(s) with their Customer Service. They may want to see the pistol and, if they do, they will send you a label to ship the pistol to them on their dime. They will send it right back to your home.
    Skip Douglas

6. #5 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Contact Ruger customer service and tell them about the issue you had with Elsie2. They will help you out.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

7. #6 Re: LCP II first range report 
    I had a few jams with my Custom early on... Turned out it was me, and not the gun. I usually grip my pistols with a relaxed hand, and that doesn't work well for me with the LCP. Once I started gripping the pistol more firmly it worked without any problems.

If you're not, try grapping it like your mean it.
    davevabch likes this.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

8. #7 Re: LCP II first range report 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop_Out View Post
    I had a few jams with my Custom early on... Turned out it was me, and not the gun. I usually grip my pistols with a relaxed hand, and that doesn't work well for me with the LCP. Once I started gripping the pistol more firmly it worked without any problems.

If you're not, try grapping it like your mean it.

Argh! Sounds like the Kel-Tec: "It's jamming because you're limp wristing, wrong ammo, needs more break in, needs fluff and buff..." No thanks.

9. #8 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    Argh! Sounds like the Kel-Tec: "It's jamming because you're limp wristing, wrong ammo, needs more break in, needs fluff and buff..." No thanks.
    Actually happens to almost all manufacturers. I guess W. You just buy only Custom Guns? Are you saying that no one ever limp wristed a gun? If I had not experimented with new guns that may have caused a small problem, I most likely would not have as many guns as I do. Send a gun back just because of a few early errors that could have been make great with a simple fix from either the shooter, saves a lot of frustration. Plus it cost money to ship, which means more cost across the board. My very first LCP was having defects also. Yea it was me. I also was "Limp Wristing it". I figured this out and never had a no problems. Why would I send back a perfectly good gun?

10. #9 Re: LCP II first range report 
    I don't like the look of those springs! The bent inner spring may be binding the outer. Ruger will send you some new ones and the weapon can be tested again. Den
    davevabch and bld522 like this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

11. #10 Re: LCP II first range report 
    w
    Dave - I am an atheist when it comes to "limp wristing". I don't believe in it. I want my guns to shoot perfectly no matter how I hold them, whether it be as limp wristed as a gay pride parade beauty queen - and I sometimes practice like that too. Because in an emergency situation panic situation who knows what kind of grip on the gun I will be able to have. It might not be a nice calm solid weaver stance. Nope, no custom guns, but if they jam I don't trust them. So far - knock on wood head - the semi autos I use - Glock and LCP - pass the test. Do others here find that their LCP - the originals - jam when they hold it loosely, sloppily, weak hand, awkward stance, "limp wristed"?
    Denny4kids likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads