LCP II first range report - Page 3

LCP II first range report

This is a discussion on LCP II first range report within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Bang_Bang Yeah, I thought this was very odd. Never seen bent springs on any of my pistols like that. Everyone with the ...

Like Tree16Likes

Thread: LCP II first range report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang_Bang View Post
    Yeah, I thought this was very odd. Never seen bent springs on any of my pistols like that.
    Everyone with the new Lcp II should double check your springs....Ruger could have a bad batch of springs!
    NRA BENEFACTOR

2. #22 Re: LCP II first range report 
    I always inspect my guns every time I take them down to clean them, saltair. But if I owned an LCP II, I don't think I'd be too concerned about bent springs just yet as this is the only reported case I've heard of it so far. If my LCP II was operating the way it should, I'd be comfortable carrying it without having to break it down specifically to inspect the springs. But I'd sure take a good close look at them the next time I cleaned the gun.
    Last edited by bld522; 01-20-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    saltair likes this.

3. #23 Re: LCP II first range report 
    This is why I clean my guns every time I come back from shooting. You take care of your Self Defense guns and they will take care of you. I know Many occasional shooters that only clean their guns occasionally. With a few I know it's every couple years between cleanings.
    rayzer007 likes this.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by saltair View Post
    Everyone with the new Lcp II should double check your springs....Ruger could have a bad batch of springs!
    They were fine before I shot it, but looked bent after the trip to the range. I spoke with Ruger and they offered to send me new springs, then said I could send it in if it kept acting up. I decided to just sell it back to the gun store. I've never had problems with my LCP (knock on wood), and it's decked out with the Hogue grip, Wolff springs and a few other goodies, so I will just stick with that. Three or four jams out of two boxes of ammo is enough to make me nervous about carrying it.

6. #25 Re: LCP II first range report 
    New User
    I haven't had any issues with jamming/ejecting at all. Shot 350 rounds of Federal American Eagle, 36 rounds of unknown lead-free for CFP(CCW) test, and about 10 rounds of Gold Dot HP. No bent springs. I break down the gun after every range session (50-100 rounds). This is my first firearm and have been very happy with it. Have any of you tried the cheapy Fiocchi FMJ with the LCP II? I heard the original LCP had some issues with this ammo.

7. #26 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I haven't had any issues with jamming/ejecting at all. Shot 350 rounds of Federal American Eagle, 36 rounds of unknown lead-free for CFP(CCW) test, and about 10 rounds of Gold Dot HP. No bent springs. I break down the gun after every range session (50-100 rounds). This is my first firearm and have been very happy with it. Have any of you tried the cheapy Fiocchi FMJ with the LCP II? I heard the original LCP had some issues with this ammo.
    I use the Fiocchi FMJ in the LCP Gen 2 and have had no issues after a few hundred rounds . Fiocchi is quality ammo . The Sportsmans Guide is a good source .
    LasVegas likes this.

8. #27 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I shoot Perfecta that is cheep but good ammo, I will not have a gun that will not shoot cheep range / target ammo. The only ammo I will not use is TulAmmo, but I have read that people have even used that in their LCP II.
    Glad to hear from a new happy LCP II owner
    LasVegas likes this.

9. #28 Re: LCP II first range report 
    ETS
    Ditto on Fiocchi. I use Extrema for my carry ammo. It seems to be nice and clean, which is important, since I really don't "get-off" on cleaning my guns, as some of us seem to do.
    mr.mike1407, pennsy and LasVegas like this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

10. #29 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Thanks everyone for posting your experiences w/LCPII. I've learned the hard way to wait when a new model comes out. All companys have problems to be worked out over time and my Gen 2 LCP works fine when going through about 50 rounds. After that I begin to experience stovepiping or fail to extract/eject. While I like my LCP it's reserved for those times when my M&P340 cannot be adequately concealed, like when wearing dress slacks or a suit & tie (seldom in retirement).
    LasVegas likes this.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads