LCP II first range report - Page 2

LCP II first range report

This is a discussion on LCP II first range report within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Dave - I am an atheist when it comes to "limp wristing". I don't believe in it. I want my guns to shoot perfectly no ...

Like Tree16Likes

Thread: LCP II first range report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: LCP II first range report 
    w
    Dave - I am an atheist when it comes to "limp wristing". I don't believe in it. I want my guns to shoot perfectly no matter how I hold them, whether it be as limp wristed as a gay pride parade beauty queen - and I sometimes practice like that too. Because in an emergency situation panic situation who knows what kind of grip on the gun I will be able to have. It might not be a nice calm solid weaver stance. Nope, no custom guns, but if they jam I don't trust them. So far - knock on wood head - the semi autos I use - Glock and LCP - pass the test. Do others here find that their LCP - the originals - jam when they hold it loosely, sloppily, weak hand, awkward stance, "limp wristed"?
    Denny4kids likes this.

2. #12 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Good advice from Skip, You might also just have them send a new set of springs and shoot some more. The gun might need some more break in time, and you might need to break in to the gun as well. At least I did. The LCP has a lot of snap, that for me took some time to get use to with the fact the pistol is so small. (Maybe Limp Wresting). Try some more ammo. Fiocchi ammo tends to run a little hot. You might think about getting a rubber grip sleeve until the Hogue comes out. Probably will not be long. The more you shoot the gun, the more comfortable you become with the unique recoil. If I plan to shoot a lot of rounds in one session, I will wear my shooting gloves. You might want to give try that until you and the gun break in. Good luck, Ruger will take care of you and with more shooting you will begin to appreciate the Little snapper.
    The Hogue Handall Hybrid grip WILL fit the new Lcp II. It is a little tight to put on and the Pin is to short to attach to the frame but it acts as a slip on and I have no problem with it sliding down over the mag when shooting. I could probably go to the hardware store and find a pin to fit but I'll wait for Hogue to come out with the proper pin made for Elsie.
    Name:  hogue grip on lcp II.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  11.6 KB
    Attached Images
    rayzer007 likes this.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

3. #13 Re: LCP II first range report 
    I had to send my LCP II back to Ruger twice for issues involving the magazine not seating correctly and causing significant jams an misfeeds. They solved that issue, but when I went to the range to test the weapon again I had at least 3 failures to eject. I contacted Ruger and they asked me to try different ammo. The issue occurred shooting American Eagle 95G from Federal. I got a box of Winchester 95G and fired 50 rounds with no issues. I did make a more concerted effort to grip the weapon more firmly to make sure all the energy after firing was being directed to the cycling of the slide and ejecting the case. I fired another 50 rounds of Winchester yesterday with no issues again. When I have time I am going to shoot another box of American Eagle to see if not holding the weapon firmly enough was the issue vs the ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    ....but when I went to the range to test the weapon again I had at least 3 failures to eject.
    Did you have failures to eject or did you have failures to extract? There's a huge difference even though many newbies to autoloading firearms don't understand the difference.

Extraction is the process of getting the expended cartridge case out of the chamber. After the cartridge is out of the chamber, the ejection process starts and that is to kick the expended cartridge case free of the firearm.

If you would wind up with an expended cartridge case still in the chamber or even partly still in the chamber, you have a failure to extract. If the expended cartridge case is fully out of the chamber but still in the firearm's action, then you may have a failure to eject.
    Skip Douglas

6. #15 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Good point Skip, the failures I had were failures to extract.

7. #16 Re: LCP II first range report 
    I have been using standard Federal ball ammo, and have not had any issues.
    I have an extra mag on order, I'll shoot again when it comes in and may say more.

I have only about 50 down it without issue. It didn't take much for me to become comfortable with the firearm.
    I think the greatly improved trigger was a big factor. But I must admit that I have small hands for a guy over 6ft tall.
    I don't have some of the grip issues that others do with the smaller guns. Just luck of the draw I guess...

8. #17 Re: LCP II first range report 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    Did you have failures to eject or did you have failures to extract? There's a huge difference even though many newbies to autoloading firearms don't understand the difference.

Extraction is the process of getting the expended cartridge case out of the chamber. After the cartridge is out of the chamber, the ejection process starts and that is to kick the expended cartridge case free of the firearm.

If you would wind up with an expended cartridge case still in the chamber or even partly still in the chamber, you have a failure to extract. If the expended cartridge case is fully out of the chamber but still in the firearm's action, then you may have a failure to eject.

I'm not a newby but the terminology confuses me too. I just say it jammed duh.

9. #18 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Just came back from the range and was shooting Federal 95 gr. fmj and Freedom munitions flat nose fmj remanufactured and had no problems. The Hogue grip stayed in place and follow-up shots are much easier then the Gen 2.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

10. #19 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    I don't like the look of those springs! The bent inner spring may be binding the outer. Ruger will send you some new ones and the weapon can be tested again. Den
    Yeah, I thought this was very odd. Never seen bent springs on any of my pistols like that.

11. #20 Re: LCP II first range report 
    Thanks for the replies, folks. Ruger said to give them a call and arrange for it to be sent in. Kind of sucks since I literally just bought it. I guess I will see what happens. As for my grip, it's possibly a cause, but I really doubt it. I was holding it very firmly, and I'm fairly experienced shooting different small pistols. Never had issues with my other guns, or my original LCP for that matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads