Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II?

Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II?

This is a discussion on Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I'm already very happy with my Gen 1 LCP. It's got the Hogue hybrid grip, stainless steel rod and I put Wolff 13# springs in ...

Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    I'm already very happy with my Gen 1 LCP. It's got the Hogue hybrid grip, stainless steel rod and I put Wolff 13# springs in it. Of course, one can never have too many guns, so I'm thinking of picking up a newer LCP. Since the Gen 2 is so new, is it still getting some bugs worked out. For those who've tried both, do you like the Custom or the Gen 2 better?
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

2. #2 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    Are you referring to the LCPgen2, that has been around for a couple of years now or the LCPII. Also, the Custom is no longer offered by Ruger but still available in some dealers.

3. #3 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    Are you referring to the LCPgen2, that has been around for a couple of years now or the LCPII. Also, the Custom is no longer offered by Ruger but still available in some dealers.
    Ooops. Yeah, I think I mean the LCPII vs the Custom.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    I prefer my LCP II.
    But choosing a firearm for a specific purpose or duty is a very personal thing.
    Many will say that the (almost) single action trigger without a manual safety is dangerous or even foolish.
    For me:
    I regularly practice with 3 glocks, an FNS, and an LC9s. The similarity of the trigger helps me to be intentional about where my trigger finger is and what else may get inside the trigger guard when handling my pistols. The squeeze and reset of the triggers is familiar and is mostly muscle memory.
    For me:
    my LCPII is my primary and most common carry gun. I am confident that I will handle it in a safe manner. I believe that in the very unlikely event that i need to use it for it's intended purpose, I will operate it, under stress, much better than a gun who's trigger feels more like a DA revolver.
    I'm not saying that a DA revolver is bad. But for me, in my position, a striker-fire "feel" is better.
    (I sometimes carry my LCRx, just to be well rounded. <smile>)
    saltair likes this.
    My wife accused me of being immature.
    I told her to get out of my fort.

6. #5 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    Quote Originally Posted by rpott3 View Post
    I prefer my LCP II.
    But choosing a firearm for a specific purpose or duty is a very personal thing.
    Many will say that the (almost) single action trigger without a manual safety is dangerous or even foolish.
    For me:
    I regularly practice with 3 glocks, an FNS, and an LC9s. The similarity of the trigger helps me to be intentional about where my trigger finger is and what else may get inside the trigger guard when handling my pistols. The squeeze and reset of the triggers is familiar and is mostly muscle memory.
    For me:
    my LCPII is my primary and most common carry gun. I am confident that I will handle it in a safe manner. I believe that in the very unlikely event that i need to use it for it's intended purpose, I will operate it, under stress, much better than a gun who's trigger feels more like a DA revolver.
    I'm not saying that a DA revolver is bad. But for me, in my position, a striker-fire "feel" is better.
    (I sometimes carry my LCRx, just to be well rounded. <smile>)
    Thanks! I will have to check one out at my local store. I'm not worried about carrying single-action guns with no safety, in fact, that's what I prefer. IMO, my LC9s Pro is the perfect carry piece for me...no safety, great trigger and the corners are all melted off. Love it. Only problem is, it's a belt gun. A lot of times, I want something that I can carry in my jacket or pants pocket, and that's where my LCP comes in. I love that gun, too, but the 1st gen trigger is not so hot compared to something like the LC9s.

I also have carried a .38 spl snubbie, but I'm not a very good shot with it at all, the trigger is heavy as hell and it only holds 5 rounds. I can easily carry 7 rounds in Elsie with another full mag in a pocket.

7. #6 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    I agree with your thoughts on the trigger on the snubbie. My alternete carry is a snubbie. 90% of the time it is the LCP gen2. I've had thoughts of buying an LCP2, but find the trigger a little lighter than I want for EDC.I'm sure with much practice and muscle memory I would adjust. If my arthritis gets any worse in the trigger finger I'll give it more thought. By then it should have been on the market long enough to get any bugs out.

8. #7 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    OK, I'm confused. Been away from the forum for a little while and lost track of the various LCP models. I have a gen 1. Could somebody list and detail the various models of the LCP. Thanks

9. #8 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    Where does this "LCP Custom" (red trigger) fit in Dave?
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

10. #9 re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    This is my opinion....Better Sights...Better Trigger...Better and More Accurate Shots...this is why I like the New Lcp II.
    hstrawn likes this.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

11. #10 Re: Upgrade LCP: Custom or LCP II? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang_Bang View Post
    Ooops. Yeah, I think I mean the LCPII vs the Custom.
    I edited the thread title to represent the LCP II instead of "gen 2".
    Skip Douglas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads