New Ruger LCP II concern - Page 3

New Ruger LCP II concern

This is a discussion on New Ruger LCP II concern within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by SkipD From the images I've seen, the LCP II appears to have a trigger safety similar to that in the Glock family ...

Like Tree150Likes

Thread: New Ruger LCP II concern

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    From the images I've seen, the LCP II appears to have a trigger safety similar to that in the Glock family of pistols. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Assuming the lever that's in the center line of the trigger is a safety (like the Glock's), is it possible to pull the LCP II trigger by grasping the sides of the trigger (while NOT activating the trigger safety) and pulling the trigger rearward? If the trigger cannot be pulled (thus firing the pistol) without first pulling the (assumed) trigger safety lever, why would it be hazardous to holster the LCP II in a properly designed (stiff center area) holster?
    Skip, as you stated above I gave the new LCP II the trigger test.
    I started by pulling the trigger back holding onto each side of the trigger lever with my finger nails and leaving the trigger lever in the safe position. The Lcp was cocked and in the firing (hot) mode during each test.
    First, I had no round in the chamber and no mag in the Lcp. The trigger would not move and the gun did not dry fire.
    Next I put a round in the chamber with no mag. Pulled the trigger as mentioned above and the gun would not fire.
    Third, I had a full mag. with a (hot) round in the chamber, pulled the trigger and again the gun would not fire and the trigger never moved.
    I pulled the trigger as hard as I could using just the finger nails on my index fingers.
    I feel satisfied the trigger lever is a good safety but the Best safety is your Trigger finger. By the way I have never owned a Glock and I have nothing against them.
    I do feel safe carrying the Lcp II in an iwb holster. I have used but do not like the pocket holsters so you be the judge.
    As you all know this is NOT an official test. I just wanted to satisfy MY curiosity.

saltair
    w and davevabch like this.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

2. #22 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    w
    Good test, Saltair! I always pocket carry.

3. #23 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Glocks make the best gun in the world.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-24-2017 at 11:11 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    w
    I've been carrying Glocks, sometimes in my front pocket (that's where they all go), though for sure they don't fit as well as an LCP, or my old - years ago - Bauer .25 which was even much more compact but it did have a slight problem namely it wouldn't shoot more than once without jamming (actually I used to carry that POS in a tiny waist pack made out of some surplus, it fit great and inconspicuously in that, much better than an LCP), and 5 shot revolvers with shrouded or enclosed hammers (I remove the grips to make them less conspicuous), and other guns, never with safeties, including of course the LCP. I looked it up and I found out Glock Leg means people who have shot themselves while holstering or withdrawing Glocks. There are good rules online about how to prevent that, stuff I'd expect people with guns to know, like to learn the very first day - keep your finger off the trigger, nothing else in the pocket other than the gun and holster, especially anything hard that might get caught in the trigger. With the Glock you reholster carefully and slowly finger off trigger of course, pushing the back of the gun not the grip if it's a stiff fit, and if there's resistance don't force it, etc etc etc. I don't want to be like that pompous idiot firearm instructor in the video, so knock on wood (head) so far so good and I've been carrying them every day for many years. I don't want a gun with a safety.
    Last edited by w; 11-16-2016 at 08:38 PM.

6. #25 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Get a Glock.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-24-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    saltair, w, Cop_Out and 1 others like this.

7. #26 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    w
    Dave - I carried a revolver on my job for a long time and then we switched to Glocks so I'm not at all used to safeties and I don't want one because in an emergency I'd probably forget all about it. I also believe that a gun without a safety is much easier and faster and reliable in an emergency situation. The only time I carried a gun with a safety was in the military when I had a .45 and that was a very long time ago. You make good points about a heavier trigger actually being better in this tiny pocket gun. I have no problem with the original LCP. The new Model 2 should be much better for someone with weaker hands or a woman though.
    davevabch and Bgoff689 like this.

8. #27 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Glocks make the best gun in the world. Period
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-24-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    w and Instymp like this.

9. #28 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Only Professionals should carry Glocks. And you owe it to yourself to enroll in this Pro Fessional's training course if you decide to do so. Seating is limited so hurry and enroll today. In this class he demonstrates the Proper way to handle this Pistol, and Next week will focus on POCKET CARRY!

I hate that I'm on YouTube. This is the ONLY thing people remember me for.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

10. #29 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    He just is dedicated-shot himself on purpose to make a point.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-24-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    w, Cop_Out, Bgoff689 and 1 others like this.

11. #30 Re: New Ruger LCP II concern 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    He claims it was a accident. It was not a accident. It was gross negligence. He defied every rule in the book. I have a hard time even believing he is a policeman. Appears to be more of some scam to generate money under a false pretense. He should have been arrested for endangering the lives of every one in that room.
    I say it all the time, just because someone's a cop doesn't mean they're good with guns, or even capable people in general. The vid we're discussing simply furthers my opinion.
    rayzer007 likes this.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads