Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Need some info on the LCP.

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  SkipD 
#1 ·
Hello Group,

I'm new to this and have a question about the LCP. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the LCP model 3701 & 3702 is? I was @ a local gun shop today and the guy had what looked like the model 3702 based off what I saw on the Ruger website. He was telling me that these are hard very hard to find and told me he would let me have it for $339. I went online and saw that Gamber Mtn. has them on sale for $199!! What Gamber shows looks like the model 3701. What is the difference? The Ruger site has the 3701 for $259 but does not list a price for the 3702! Was the guy at the store just BSing me trying to get me to buy it or what? Please let me know.

thanks,

#2 ·
#6 ·
#5 ·
My understanding of a dealer or distributor exclusive is that that model has has a special finish, extra mags, special case, stainless guide rod or something that may entice a customer. Otherwise it is the same gun. Be assured you pay more for the Exclusive model.
I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

#7 ·
Thanks everybody. The Ruger site never really showed the difference and when I went to the distributors page it was the same info as the regular page. Ruger® LCP® * Centerfire Pistol Model 3702 Anyway I think the guy was trying to get rid of something that had been sitting for awhile. I say this because everyone said that it comes with a hard case, well by hard case I don't think they meant the white cardboard box w/ the red Ruger logo on it! lol I let the gun shop know they could pass this "special offer" on to someone else. I went back and looked at it again to see what model it was and the box and paper work also said it was a 3701. I don't think I'll be going back to him,which sucks because he's local and I wanted to keep my money local and help the "little guy" but I told him I'd go to Gamber and pick it up for $199. If the pricing was even close I might think about it but $139 difference is kinda hard to swallow.

Again, thanks everyone!

#10 ·
Mine was model 3740, a Davidson Distributor Custom. Red trigger, better sights, soft case and 1 mag. Got it about 4 m-5 months ago at a local gun show, Tampa. $219 plus tax. At the show it ran $20 or so more than the standard model which was at your $199 price. Great little pistol for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.