Does it make sense owning two LCP's?

Does it make sense owning two LCP's?

This is a discussion on Does it make sense owning two LCP's? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; New to the forum, but I have a question. I read some of the article 10 Commandment of Concealed Carry by by Massad Ayoob. In ...

Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Does it make sense owning two LCP's?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    New User
    New to the forum, but I have a question. I read some of the article 10 Commandment of Concealed Carry by by Massad Ayoob. In the article he stated it would probably be a good idea to have a second gun the same as or similar to the one you carry in the event there is a problem with the first you would have a backup to take it's place. What are your thoughts? I've been toying with the idea of getting a second LCP with a stainless slide. With by Massad Ayoob reasoning my decision should be pretty easy.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

2. #2 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    You mean carrying two LCPs concealed? Seems a bit extreme to me. If you pull the first and have a problem that you can't clear in a few seconds, I doubt you'd have much chance to pull the second.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

3. #3 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    Welcome Ron,
    I am not frequent here as I once was.
    Of all the cc guns I carry the lcp is the one I carry 99% of the time. Gen 2 .
    You said a "problem with the first"above in your post.
    I shot 300+ rds through my lcp before I carried it.
    Now I do not shoot it very often but carry it everywhere.
    However I shoot a sig 250c at the range quite often,crarry it some, which both have similiar long trigger pulls.
    Therefore 2 guns with similiarities creates good muscle memory.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    New User
    Let me clarify having 2 LCP's. I didn't mean I would carry two at the same time. According to the article a problem with the gun would be if it was in for repairs, or some other issue where you couldn't use the first one for whatever reasons, repairs etc. you would have a second that you would be familiar with and could use it to replace the first.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

6. #5 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    central Illinois.......rural farming area
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    You mean carrying two LCPs concealed? Seems a bit extreme to me. If you pull the first and have a problem that you can't clear in a few seconds, I doubt you'd have much chance to pull the second.
    I don't think he meant carrying 2 guns. I think he means if one had a problem, like at the range or he saw something not right with it he would have a backup for his EDC. Actually I am thinking of getting a second one and with the stainless slide.......hadn't really thought of having it for a backup, but that's as good of an excuse for me to get number 2 as any!!
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

7. #6 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I just read the 10 commandments. Indeed it does say to carry two guns.

Carrying a second gun has saved the lives of many good people. When the primary weapon is hit by a criminal’s bullet and rendered unshootable…when it is knocked from the defender’s hand, or snatched away by a criminal…when the first gun runs out of ammo and there is no time to reload…the list of reasons is endless. It suffices to remember the words of street-savvy Phil Engeldrum: “If you need to carry a gun, you probably need to carry two of them.

I think it is very good advice, and I follow that advice. Love those New York reloads.
    Oreste and mr.mike1407 like this.

8. #7 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I was once told One is None, Two is One. If the LCP is the only gun you own and you like it, get it a twin brother.
    Oreste and mr.mike1407 like this.

9. #8 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    Given my normal range of activities and my activity level it is hard enough to carry just 1 small gun. I can't imagine having to concealed carry two guns on my person...just not going to happen. The day I feel like it is really necessary for me to concealed carry two guns on my person I will move to some remote island in New Zealand instead. Maybe keeping an extra gun in my primary car that I use most might make sense. My second CC weapon is a 9mm S&W Shield - not quite as small as LCP but a very nice CC gun also.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

10. #9 Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    You don't need an excuse or even a reason to buy a gun. This is America for at least a few more minutes. The reasons the OP listed are as good as any to get another gun if you're trying to pull one over on your wife or something. Stainless steel is pretty also works.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    In many contexts, "What would Jesus do?" is not a particularly helpful inquiry.

11. #10 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    If you are even remotely considering another handgun better do it ! Obama has 20 more months to screw us over.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads