Does it make sense owning two LCP's? - Page 2

Does it make sense owning two LCP's?

This is a discussion on Does it make sense owning two LCP's? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Personally I would purchase a second gun. I would not purchase an identical piece because I just enjoy shooting different guns. My EDC is a ...

Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Does it make sense owning two LCP's?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    Personally I would purchase a second gun. I would not purchase
    an identical piece because I just enjoy shooting different guns. My
    EDC is a 9mm M&P Shield and I've put about 1000 rounds with zero
    failures so I'm extremely confident that my pistol will perform flawlessly.
    So I would never see the need to carry a 2nd gun on me.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

2. #12 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I have two of every carry piece I own, including LCP's. I shot several hundred rounds through each gun, and dedicated the more reliable pistol to EDC, (shooting it only occasionally to not run up the round count), and practice a lot at the range with the other.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

3. #13 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
    Let me clarify having 2 LCP's. I didn't mean I would carry two at the same time. According to the article a problem with the gun would be if it was in for repairs, or some other issue where you couldn't use the first one for whatever reasons, repairs etc. you would have a second that you would be familiar with and could use it to replace the first.
    Fair enough, if you want to carry an LCP and yours is away for repairs you'd want a replacement gun, and having the same model is a good idea if it makes you comfortable. Personally I'd buy it if I needed it, an LCP is not a hard gun to find, every gun store I visit has several on display. If I were trying to duplicate an SP101 I'd have to order several months in advance it seems, or pay extra at one of the stores that prices $50-150 over my LGS.

As for carrying a BUG, well it makes sense for people who carry a gun for their job, or for a hunter who carries a handgun to back up a rifle, but it seems a bit 'wannabe urban commando' to me for someone who is just going out shopping or to their kid's ball game. We all live in different areas and different circumstances, but for me the chances of needing the first gun are one in several million. The chances of then needing the second gun and being fit to deploy it are one in several billion.
    KGDPD and mr.mike1407 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    How many pockets do you have...?

Jeff
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

6. #15 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I've got two carry guns, a LC9 and a LCP. My wife also has a LC9 and a LCP. One set blued, one set SS. Does that count? The only carry gun we don't have duplicated is her S&W 637. I guess we need a third set... which we have at least with the LCP's. The idea of an identical emergency backup in the safe is more appealing than carrying and figuring out a less familiar gun in an emergency. These are tools, not collectibles, at this stage.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

7. #16 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    When I'm not carrying my SR9c I will have my LCP in my pocket. Seems like enough protection until you crunch a few numbers. If we use old Police hit rate stats of 35% the numbers don't look very good. This percentage may seem low but looking at my high stress induced practice scores 35% seems reasonable. I'm at about 50% but with the stress of actually shooting a human being I'm sure I would have a lower hit rate. These numbers don't apply to range shooters as you should be able to hit a 5x7 card at 7 yards !00% of the time. At 35% a 7 shot LCP is 2.45 hits. My 8 shot LCP is 2.8, My 11 shot 9c is 3.85 and the poor guys (my opinion) with a little revolver is 1.75 hits.
    A little Joy can be had when we don't fool ourselves in our ability to perform. A least that's how it went for me. Denny
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

8. #17 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    95% of the time I carry two weapons, a Primary and a BUG. I was in a situation one time where the right arm was busy and I had reach behind my back with the left hand. I then had to unsnap the strap holding the pistol in the holster. After that I became a believer in carrying an accessible BUG. I'm also not a fan of carrying an extra magazine or using speed loaders on a revolver. A NYC reload works. But that just mine opinion.
    LeMat and mr.mike1407 like this.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

9. #18 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I own two LCP's, i use both too. I use one in a Desantis pocket shot and the other in on my ankle. I sometimes carry both but I mainly bought the second one because it's pink.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    Marantha!

10. #19 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgoff689 View Post
    95% of the time I carry two weapons
    So there is a little room for improvement?
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

11. #20 Re: Does it make sense owning two LCP's? 
    I own two LCP's - one gen.1 and one gen.2, but as an ordinary civilian I only carry one gun at a time. I carry my gen. 2 LCP and mostly use my gen. 1 LCP to train with at the range. Actually I don't mind getting the third one with a stainless steel slide, though, if I can find it locally...
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads