Inaccurate LCP

This is a discussion on Inaccurate LCP within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Target distance is around 7 yards and round count is 50....

Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Inaccurate LCP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Target distance is around 7 yards and round count is 50.

2. #22 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    For my wife and me the Crimson trace put us on target. Along with what RugerRon was saying...in the house with the LCP at approx' chest level I extend my index finger parallel along the barrel (in the Safety On position) I point to an object and then turn on the CT to see if my aim (finger/barrel) is on target. I practice this every morning along with testing the batteries in the CT. The loooong trigger pull takes practice.

3. #23 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by gravette55 View Post
    I've had my LCP now for 5 months and I still can't hit consistently with it... round count is 50.
    Surely you can see that it takes more than 50 rounds over 5 months to determine if you or your LCP does anything consistently. Most would agree that you need to shoot at least 5 times that much, just to begin to feel a new pistol is worthy of your trust. Shooting it will increase its reliability, as the feed ramp smooths up, and such. And, the trigger will become a bit better, which will improve your consistency.

You've still left questions unanswered. There's been some good information posted to you, and more may come. Range time and dry firing should be at the top of the list.
    Last edited by eezz; 01-22-2013 at 03:22 PM.

4. #24 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Yep. 50 rounds is a nice first trip out. Now do that about 4 or 5 more times and I think you will see a big difference.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

5. #25 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by saltair View Post
    For my wife and me the Crimson trace put us on target. ...
    I also put a CT on my LCP recently, but I can only see the red dot indoor or at night if outside (which is a great aid actually). The whole set up seems useless outside during day time because you simply cannot see the red dot under the sunlight. Well, I guess that's still okay because we will most likely use the gun in the dark for self-defense...

6. #26 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyT View Post
    I also put a CT on my LCP recently, but I can only see the red dot indoor or at night if outside (which is a great aid actually). The whole set up seems useless outside during day time because you simply cannot see the red dot under the sunlight. Well, I guess that's still okay because we will most likely use the gun in the dark for self-defense...
    I have a serious problem with depending on a laser for aiming a defensive weapon. The time it takes to locate the laser dot on the target could be fatal to the user in a fire fight.

A laser is a very valuable training tool for the purpose of developing a good grip and good trigger control. One can do a lot of dry firing while watching the laser dot on a paper plate taped to a wall, for example. If pulling the trigger pulls the dot off the paper plate, then more training is needed.
    Skip Douglas

7. #27 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    I have a serious problem with depending on a laser for aiming a defensive weapon. The time it takes to locate the laser dot on the target could be fatal to the user in a fire fight.

A laser is a very valuable training tool for the purpose of developing a good grip and good trigger control. One can do a lot of dry firing while watching the laser dot on a paper plate taped to a wall, for example. If pulling the trigger pulls the dot off the paper plate, then more training is needed.
    ...ditto Skip, I recently removed the CT from my LCP. It's a fine aid, but the basic LCP is best for me. I'll continue to use it as required for training. Otherwise, it'll be point-and-shoot hard sights mode per my original use of the LCP. YMMV and I respect the other opinions stated here.

Tarheel

8. #28 Inaccurate LCP 
    The secret to my success is really pulling back on my support hand. If I have some "Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension" on it then my hand is rock steady. If I pull back loosely or just hold it my aim wanders.
    I also painted the sights, yellow front and white rear for a better picture.
    Daisy Red Ryder, scoped Mossberg 702 Plinkster , Henry .22, Marlin .30-30 with scope, Maverick 88 12 gauge, 1939 Izhevsk Mosin-Nagant, Ruger P89, 22/45, and LCP.
    (I know I need a 10/22 but I love my Plinkster)

9. #29 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Agreed. Non-trigger hand is vital for my shooting and recoil control.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

10. #30 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Yeah, you are probably right, SkipD. At least during day time, it has shown itself to be completely useless to me. I still want to leave it on my LCP and play around for a while, though, until I have a very good idea about what it can and cannot do.. You kow, back in the time when I was a lot more into shooting, such technology was not available. So still want to have fun with the new toy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads