Inaccurate LCP

This is a discussion on Inaccurate LCP within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Additional thoughts for the OP: It is critically important that the LCP be gripped tightly. Not only that, it must be gripped precisely the same ...

Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Inaccurate LCP

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Additional thoughts for the OP:

It is critically important that the LCP be gripped tightly. Not only that, it must be gripped precisely the same way every time you hold it to shoot it. Assuming your pistol does fit your hand well enough to pass the test in my post above, work on developing a firm grip that still allows you to pass my point test every time.
    gravette55 likes this.
    Skip Douglas

2. #12 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    This article (have read it MANY times) has helped my accuracy in shootong pistols of all kinds.

www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

I sent it to my brother and he feels it has been a great help to him, as well. Hope it helps you as well as any other member having accuracy problems. Good luck!
    Last edited by silverfox1; 01-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    gravette55 and saltair like this.
    "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!" From the movie, "Blazing Saddles"
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger SR22PB

3. #13 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    It is also important that you do not try to shoot at a bullseye from 50 yards. Joking aside, OP does not give enough information. If at 7 yards you can put lead on a paper plate, you are defiinitely accurate enough with this gun. The LCP is a gun designed to shoot across a room and that is about it. I have shot it much farther, but just for fun.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

4. #14 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    I love mine and shoot it very well. I have the CT for mine but fine the iron sites plenty accurate.

5. #15 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    My hubby have me my lcp (no laser sight) for christmas. Went out and fired a few rounds into our "range"....while the hubby is a much better marksman than I am, I was dead on with this pistol, he had a hard time with it...my guess, gun is too small for his hands. Add the long trigger pull....well I'm sure that throws you off too. I love this gun, and can hit what I aim at. I have a hard time with larger guns, that don't fit my grip!

6. #16 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    My LCP will tack drive bullets out to 10 yards but I been at this game for 45+ years
    I will admit it has a long trigger pull but no worse then shooting a double action pistol like the Chief Mod 36 2" snub.
    The deal with most shooters is there first gun is a auto pistol and there is no way to see your mistake on a auto.I think you should try a revolver
    and only load 2 rounds to see if you have any bad habits and no farther distance then 5 yards to start .
    gravette55 likes this.

7. #17 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
    The deal with most shooters is there first gun is a auto pistol and there is no way to see your mistake on a auto.
    I'm a new to pistols shooter. Can you please explain what you mean by this? I ask because I want to learn.

Thank you.

8. #18 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    I think what he means is with a revolver you can randomly put 2 rounds in and leave the others empty. Spin the cylinder so you would not know where they are, think Russian Roulette. Then when you pull the trigger you do not know if it is going to go bang or not and it will show you if you are anticipating recoil or not (flinching or pushing). It is not a bad drill. For the most part getting better at shooting any gun is no different that getting better at shooting free throws. Practice is the answer.

9. #19 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogdaddy View Post
    I think what he means is with a revolver you can randomly put 2 rounds in and leave the others empty. Spin the cylinder so you would not know where they are, think Russian Roulette. Then when you pull the trigger you do not know if it is going to go bang or not and it will show you if you are anticipating recoil or not (flinching or pushing). It is not a bad drill. For the most part getting better at shooting any gun is no different that getting better at shooting free throws. Practice is the answer.
    The same thing can be done with an auto pistol. Just have someone else load the magazines and have that person put a "snap cap" or two into the magazine in random locations. The result for the shooter will be the same.
    Skip Douglas

10. #20 Re: Inaccurate LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    The same thing can be done with an auto pistol. Just have someone else load the magazines and have that person put a "snap cap" or two into the magazine in random locations. The result for the shooter will be the same.
    Good point. I never thought of that!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads