colored frames

This is a discussion on colored frames within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; is there some where to buy the od green frames or does ruger sell them.like keltec does i would really like to have a od ...

Thread: colored frames

1. #1 colored frames 
    is there some where to buy the od green frames or does ruger sell them.like keltec does i would really like to have a od green frame

2. #2 Re: colored frames 
    41magfan
    Anything other than the standard, blued model LCP is generally referred to as a "Distributor Exclusive". For a minimum number of pieces (500 to 1,000 depending on the firearm) Ruger will make 'em any color you want, but Ruger doesn't sell component pieces (frames, slides & barrels) without the pistol being returned to the factory on an exchange basis. Additionally, the frame would require the same FFL transfer requirements as a completely assembled pistol.

Glock is the only manufacturer that immediately comes to mind that sells frames, slides, barrels and every other part to make up a complete pistol without any restrictions.

3. #3 Re: colored frames 
    "Glock is the only manufacturer that immediately comes to mind that sells frames, slides, barrels and every other part to make up a complete pistol without any restrictions."

One more good reason to like Glock.

4. #4 Re: colored frames 
    kel tec sells everything for there guns online,they have 3 colors for frames available.just want a od green frame to match up with my engraved slide

5. #5 Re: colored frames 
    I think Ruger is missing a profit making opportunity here. I'd love to be able to buy an engraved slide (maybe even with improved sights) without having to buy another gun.
    Semper Fidelis

6. #6 Re: colored frames 
    thats what im thinking too

7. #7 Re: colored frames 
    come on someone on here has had. to needed a new frame at some point for some reason.does anyone know if its possiable to get a new one.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads