Pain from carrying your gun - Page 4

Pain from carrying your gun

This is a discussion on Pain from carrying your gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Originally Posted by davevabch So a guy that get a slight strain is a fool if does not rush to a Doctor? Come on, dave. ...

Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Pain from carrying your gun

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    So a guy that get a slight strain is a fool if does not rush to a Doctor?
    Come on, dave. You know what I'm talking about. If someone doesn't have enough common sense to know when they should seek medical advice, there's not much I or anybody else can do for them.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

2. #32 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    I self medicate all the time . Does that count?

3. #33 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I self medicate all the time . Does that count?
    Yes, and it cleanses the soul and good for the skin. Some times you do what ya gotta do. I ran down to the ABC store and refilled my Prescription.
    pennsy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #34 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    My back pain quit when I stopped carrying a metal gun, now if I carry more than an LCP it's a G-23 IWB no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An LCP is my CC (constant Companion)

6. #35 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by petergunn View Post
    My back pain quit when I stopped carrying a metal gun, now if I carry more than an LCP it's a G-23 IWB no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad you found a solution, the important thing is that you are still able to carry and protect yourself and your family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

7. #36 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Well, my wife and I purchased new mattresses yesterday to replace our old badly worn out mattresses. I'm hoping that will at least help improve my sore lower back. That would be a step in the right direction.
    davevabch, pennsy and Denny4kids like this.

8. #37 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
    Well, my wife and I purchased new mattresses yesterday to replace our old badly worn out mattresses. I'm hoping that will at least help improve my sore lower back. That would be a step in the right direction.
    Could be a major help. If you have removed the source of the pain, and you think it is just a muscle spasm, then maybe go to the doctor and get some muscle spasm meds. If you are not sleeping at night, they may be a big help. As I mentioned, muscle tears take about six weeks to heal. I have had so many over the years. I knew when ever I got one how long it would hurt my training schedule. It would always be six weeks. I would plan to keep training in some other way to keep up. Like Swimming etc.
    Hopfully the mattresses will be a big help. Regardless, a good mattress is never a waste of money. Good luck.

By the way, don't forget the silly putty effect. And this device is a Godsend. I use it all the time and have been for decades. Really loosens up the muscles and gets the blood flowing through the tissue. Most people just do not get the fact that tight muscles in the back get pulled so easily. Also, If you get this device, use on your hamstrings, they get very tight and pull very hard on the back.

https://jet.com/product/detail/ed4e0...-2gaAl-o8P8HAQ
    Last edited by davevabch; Yesterday at 08:29 AM.
    pennsy and keithdog like this.

9. #38 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Could be a major help. If you have removed the source of the pain, and you think it is just a muscle spasm, then maybe go to the doctor and get some muscle spasm meds. If you are not sleeping at night, they may be a big help. As I mentioned, muscle tears take about six weeks to heal. I have had so many over the years. I knew when ever I got one how long it would hurt my training schedule. It would always be six weeks. I would plan to keep training in some other way to keep up. Like Swimming etc.
    Hopfully the mattresses will be a big help. Regardless, a good mattress is never a waste of money. Good luck.

By the way, don't forget the silly putty effect. And this device is a Godsend. I use it all the time and have been for decades. Really loosens up the muscles and gets the blood flowing through the tissue. Most people just do not get the fact that tight muscles in the back get pulled so easily. Also, If you get this device, use on your hamstrings, they get very tight and pull very hard on the back.

https://jet.com/product/detail/ed4e0...-2gaAl-o8P8HAQ
    That is very cool. Something to seriously look for. I do have a very nice Tens unit that also helps.

10. #39 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
    Actually, I have started pocket carrying recently with my LCPII. A great help in this regard, but I still want to carry a larger 9MM as well from time to time.
    I also carry the LCP II. I carry a 4:00 in a Remora clip holster IBW. It's hardly noticeable. If you are looking for 9MM at that size (about) . I would suggest looking at the Sig P938.

11. #40 Re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    I just purchased a Walther PPS-M2. No where near the size you're talking about but I love the gun!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads