Pain from carrying your gun - Page 2

Pain from carrying your gun

This is a discussion on Pain from carrying your gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Yup, aches and pains come with the territory I guess. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pain from carrying your gun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Yup, aches and pains come with the territory I guess.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    keithdog likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

2. #12 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Thanks for the advice. May need to try some of them there suspenders.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #13 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Try 4 o'clock . The LC9s is slim and only 17 ozs. I have a holster from Comfort Holster who are part of Clinger Holster now . It has a gel covered with suede on the back of the kydex . It was my first and only IWB holster so I have nothing to compare to . The last time I looked , there was no listing of it anymore . I'll look again . It was slightly thicker because of the gel but felt OK against my skin without a tee under it .
    Actually. I've been carrying at 4 o'clock exclusively since I started to carry. Was always the most comfortable position. I'll look into that holster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Glad the chiropractor worked for you. It did me too about 10 years ago. But recently, after about 10 trips, I decided I was not seeing any improvement.

6. #15 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    A couple of things, change the angle you are carrying, pocket carry and the last thing get a heavy duty gun belt. What I mean by heavy duty, is good quality gun built that is designed to for carry all day. With that type of a gun belt should relieve your hip and back pain.
    I have been giving that serious thought. I just hope they are worth the expense.

7. #16 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    +1 on the gun belt idea. It made all the difference for me. I use a ratchet-style gun belt davevabch recommended. You can find it here:

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

PS: Be careful. Trakline belts come in 2 styles . . . gun belts and fashion belts. Fashion belts are cheaper, but they're not reinforced. Make sure you specify the gun belt when you order!
    Those look nice. Thanks for the link.

8. #17 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    The problem with anti-inflammatories is that they're not good for the heart. And how long folks are on them doesn't seem to matter. A quick Google search will confirm that. I also speak from personal experience. I have chronic lower back pain due to arthritis and my physician took me off anti-inflammatories entirely due to my family's heart history. I manage my pain with stretching exercises and prescription pain medication.

Before anyone starts a regimen with anti-inflammatories, they should clear it with their physician.
    I appreciate your points. There is a history of heart trouble in my family as well. Didn't know that about anti-inflammatories. My doctor who did my knee replacement put me on a cream for my knees. I've been looking on line at back exercises that are supposed to help relieve pain and strengthen the back.

9. #18 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Pain is not just old age. It is the way your body tells you to stop what your are doing. Lol, I posted a lengthly cause for the pain, but after reading it, realized it would just go on deaf ears. Back pain can come from any age. You carry a heavy weight of lead on one side of your body and the muscles react. They get stressed from repetitive use. The gun on one side of the body is not a way to balance the Body and movements of the body. This is just common sense. There are ways to prevent this. God forbid I even bring up suspenders. Or even a healthy life style. Just blame it on old age. Much easier to rationalize and accept. Requires little work.
    Ha! Leave it to you Dave to get to the core of the issue. You're so right. You see, my job for almost 30 years included carrying a tool pouch on my right hip which I have no doubt is partly responsible for my situation. Also, my right knee badly deteriorated from a high school football injury causing me to limp badly for years, throwing my back off with every step. I had knee replacement surgery in January that hopefully will help correct that part of the equation. And I've developed a gut I need to get rid of and am working on, thus the life style part of your post. Repetitive motions at work don't help either. So working on loosing weight, eating better, and motion exercises.

10. #19 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Keithdog,try and feel your back where it hurts. Let me know if you feel a knot. Like a lump. If you cannot feel it yourself, get someone else to go over your back and see if they feel a lump or knot. If you feel you have one (muscle knot) let me know by PM. It will most likely be on the side that you carry.
    Any remedies for 2 sore shoulders ?

11. #20 re: Pain from carrying your gun 
    Let me suggest you think about a steel lined Big Foot Gun Belt. The 14oz version is what I use. I've seen several people remark that even though they were using a gun belt they still had pain but when they started using a Big Foot their pain went away. IMO they are reasonably priced for what you get and they do ship quickly. You should have a belt in about a week. They also run a $10 off sale every now and then.

Best Leather Gun Belts for Open and Concealed Carry | Bigfoot Gun Belts
    keithdog likes this.
    Joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads