XDs recall update

This is a discussion on XDs recall update within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Not sure if anyone else is affected but was going to post some info. So apparently Springfield issued a recall without a working fix in ...

Like Tree9Likes

Thread: XDs recall update

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 XDs recall update 
    Not sure if anyone else is affected but was going to post some info.

So apparently Springfield issued a recall without a working fix in place.
    I sent mine in the day after recall was issued and they have had it for over a month now.
    In a search for info i went to recall faq page: Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

I'm a little PO'd they were deceitful, i understand their reasons (getting unsafe guns off the street to avoid lawsuits/injuries) but they should have been 100% up front with their original notice instead of saying send it in, we'll upgrade it and have it back in about a month or so.
    The latest update was yesterday:

"As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution."

Anyway, thats my rant. Had I known they didnt have a fix in place, i would have held on to my gun until a fix was ready.

2. #2 Re: XDs recall update 
    Mine has been there 35 days. Not really worried, I know SA will make it right. Love the XDs and willing to wait for the right fix. Luckily I have other back-ups!
    elsieshooter likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #3 Re: XDs recall update 
    elsieshooter, bummer you are having trouble getting your XDs back! I hope you see it soon!

I have shot both the XDs 9 and 45 and they are sweet! I will own one someday. Massad Ayoob mentioned in his review that it was hard to find anything not to like about the XDs. He also noted that since the recoil-spring guide comes farther to the front than most other auto pistols, it creates a stand-off effect. That means you can press it against your murderous assailant's body and it won't go out of battery and fail to fire. He also let his friend shoot it in a BUG gun match. He was very impressed.

Anyway once again, I hope you see your weapon soon. Denny
    elsieshooter likes this.
    "We do not rise to our level of expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Jeff Cooper

4. #4 Re: XDs recall update 
    I would have kept mine too, if I knew it would be over a month before they even figured out the fix. I sent mine in the second day trying to beat a lot of the 225,000 recalled.
    elsieshooter likes this.
    We the people are the Rightful Masters of both Congress and the Courts. Not to overthrow The Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert The Constitution.

Abraham Lincoln

5. #5 Re: XDs recall update 
    I been seriously thinking on purchasing a XDs .45 and I am kind of not sure to buy it now or wait until after the recall issues are resolved. I like it to be a BIG brother to my Elsie.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber

Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.

In GOD We Trust

6. #6 Re: XDs recall update 
    I'm in the same waiting boat as you guys. I love the XDs....the way it feels so solid and comfy in the hand. I sent mine off the day after the recall was announced. Once it was received, I called SA and was told it was one of the first ones in and it would be turned around quick since it's a first come, first serve basis. Mine has been there 38-days now.

7. #7 Re: XDs recall update 
    Having your gun be one of the first ones in and then still having it gone that long with no real answer......well that sucks.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

8. #8 Re: XDs recall update 
    this is just speculation and my opinion, but i have 3 theories

1. Its a bad flaw and scared them enough to do it the way they did. Get em off the streets ASAP. You can find posts and videos about it double shooting or even going full auto in some cases, I have not read of accidental discharges when racking a round or other than when actually shooting it, but it was mentioned in the recall notice.

2. Their fix had a flaw and they had to come up with a new one

3. They messed up

9. #9 Re: XDs recall update 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    I been seriously thinking on purchasing a XDs .45 and I am kind of not sure to buy it now or wait until after the recall issues are resolved. I like it to be a BIG brother to my Elsie.
    As I understand it, there are no XDS guns that have not been recalled. Everything they made was recalled, if it is an XDS. Suppliers that had them were instructed to return them to be repaired. Considering there is no fix to the problem yet, there is no gun available that is fixed. So even if you bought it new or from another person, it would need to be sent back for fixing.

Personally, I would suggest you wait until the firestorm slows down a bit. I sent my two back and they have been there the first day they got guns back, which was Sept 3 as UPS did not deliver on Labor Day. So I'm in the first batch. Considering they have not figured out the fix yet, I'm guessing my guns may not be back for another 30-60 days minimum and maybe longer. After they figure the fix (assuming they find one), then they have to build the parts before they can fix any guns. So it is going to be a while.

10. #10 Re: XDs recall update 
    I was once told a catch phrase that makes a lot of sense here..

ONE IS NONE, TWO IS ONE !

I myself have only one gun so far (SR40C). I hopefully sometime early 2014 will have a second. There is a big difference between wants and a need. Hopefully Ruger won't have the problems other gun manufacturers are having right now. I am sure SA will make it right, but i would let them know there are a bunch of upset owners and their future might depend on how they handle this adversity.
    elsieshooter likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads