Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One.

This is a discussion on Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Picked up a Taurus .357 Magnum M605 SS a few weeks ago, been carrying it every since. Love it....

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Picked up a Taurus .357 Magnum M605 SS a few weeks ago, been carrying it every since. Love it.

Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One.-605-hammer.jpg
    Roy Odhner likes this.
    Keep Calm, Carry on

2. #22 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    My first revolver was an '86 S&W 686. I've never shot aything but .357 magnum, as that's what it was designed to shoot. One problem I had was my own fault. When I disassembled for cleaning, I removed the extractor rod from the cylinder. I reassembled but did not properly torque the rod and it consequently loosened while shooting and jammed in the shroud. I could not open the cylinder. I had to remove the detent by driving out the retaining pin. It was a bear getting it out but finally did. I wrapped it with a piece of leather and tightened it and have not had a problem since. Lesson learned! The only other problem was a broken hammer nose that a local gunsmith replaced while I waited.

My wife loved shooting it so much, I bought her one for Christmas a few years ago. It has the new improved locking feature that we don't use as they are always locked in my safe. She also shoots only .357. Gotta love her! Her gun does not have a hammer nose. Uses an internal firing pin being struck by the hammer.

3. #23 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Excellent post, Roy. Good food for thought. I was at WalMart yesterday on a wifey mission and stopped by sporting goods. No .22lr, but there was a good selection of the most popular handgun rounds in SD and range. Caught me off-guard, to say the least. I'm tending to move more to the revolver arena these days, as these ole hands are often troubling when racking a slide. I'll always be a pistol guy first up when it comes to a carry weapon. Playing at the range may be a different story, except for necessary pistol SD practice.

I have a Model 85 Ultra-Lite and it's a jewel to shoot and carry:

My first gun purchase was a Model 17 K22. I've owned it over 50 years and now it again sees a lot of range service given the price of ammo:

The final one in the revolver stable is a Model 19, which doubles for a heavyweight in .357 and lighter and less expensive shooting in .38spl (lots of that at WW, BTW):

I'm thinking seriously about a Single-Six Convertable (.22 and .22WMR). I really like the WMR round and an ole Tex six-shooter would be fun to own, as Kenny discovered (beautiful gun, Kenny).

Tarheel

4. #24 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    well, all ammo is now gone here in Johnson County, TX, so it looks like I won't be building up a stash of .38spcl anytime soon cuz that's all gone now - at least at the places I normally buy my ammo. The gun range in Joshua still has some .38spcl for a fair price, but I think they're not selling it to you unless you plan to shoot it there. Can't say as I blame them, cuz they're running a gun range and not an ammo depot. There is a local gun store that still has it, but the phrase Thievin' SOB's come to mind when I see what they want for it. Good thing that the proposed Feinstein/Obama legislation is dying a loud but quick death - hopefully the ammo situation will let up. Good thing I have enough to last me a couple of months... but I'm still gonna have to limit myself to 50 rounds per month.

5. #25 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Excellent post, Roy. Good food for thought. I was at WalMart yesterday on a wifey mission and stopped by sporting goods. No .22lr, but there was a good selection of the most popular handgun rounds in SD and range. Caught me off-guard, to say the least. I'm tending to move more to the revolver arena these days, as these ole hands are often troubling when racking a slide. I'll always be a pistol guy first up when it comes to a carry weapon. Playing at the range may be a different story, except for necessary pistol SD practice.

I have a Model 85 Ultra-Lite and it's a jewel to shoot and carry:

My first gun purchase was a Model 17 K22. I've owned it over 50 years and now it again sees a lot of range service given the price of ammo:

The final one in the revolver stable is a Model 19, which doubles for a heavyweight in .357 and lighter and less expensive shooting in .38spl (lots of that at WW, BTW):

I'm thinking seriously about a Single-Six Convertable (.22 and .22WMR). I really like the WMR round and an ole Tex six-shooter would be fun to own, as Kenny discovered (beautiful gun, Kenny).

Tarheel
    Nice collection of revolvers.

6. #26 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Nice looking Model 85 Ultra-Lite Tarheel, and that S & W is sweet, you have some nice looking revolvers for sure . I feel Like a traitor to my LCP. I didn't purchase my Taurus .357 to be my main carry. I just wanted a small revolver to carry every now and then due to the only revolver I have is the Taurus Judge SS 3" magnum. I had no idea I wouldn't be able to put it this little .357 down. I am sure it's just a phase and I will return to my SR9c and my LCP soon..?? I just purchased a new IWB FoxX for my SR9c and it came in the day after I got the .357 and never used it yet. I am supprised at myself.
    Keep Calm, Carry on

7. #27 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    none anywhere here in central florida.. found some at an ace hardware.. no 357 mag either..

8. #28 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    I'd like to add a .22 revolver to my limited revolver collection; probably the SP101 if the elusive piece ever appears again locally. I've only seen one in the wild and that was a year ago.
    Ruger Security Six, Ruger Mark III, Ruger SR9, Ruger LCP, Ruger SP101, Ruger LC9

9. #29 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Just added another about 2 weeks ago! Taurus .44mag
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

10. #30 Re: Gat a Revolver? You Might Want to Get One. 
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    Just added another about 2 weeks ago! Taurus .44mag
    Sweet! Yeah I think thats my next one, the ultra light version. I am getting revolver fever!
    Keep Calm, Carry on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads