9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC

This is a discussion on 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; This is a 34 minute clip that really opened my eyes...It is quite graphic at times, so I hope it can make it past the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rpott3

Thread: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC

1. #1 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    This is a 34 minute clip that really opened my eyes...It is quite graphic at times, so I hope it can make it past the censors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tku8...ayer_embedded#!
    In a fight to the death, second place is an undesirable finish

2. #2 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    None of this matters. Self-defense = stop the lethal threat. Use what you have (you are carrying some kind of self-defense gun, aren't you?). A .22 between the eyes beats a .45 in the wall.

It's the shooter, not the gun that makes the difference.
    WWPD - What would Paladin do?

3. #3 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    It was an interesting presentation. The Doc was informative and amusing. Specifically regarding the advancements in care relating to the immediate need to not only stop the bleeding but replace the lost fluids. The guy who got hit with the 9mm rounds twice and was still moving around is a great example of why 2 Shot Drills are needed. If a target is still up and about, he's a threat, hit him again.

I figure I need about 7 inches of round penetration into the average mortals chest. I carry hollow points, which should provide an adequate expansion with a diameter increase, even with the slowing down. I'd rather use a .45 ACP round but up close and personal a few .380 rounds will do the job. I saw a guy get done in one night by a BIC Pen, inserted into his chest by a remorseful girl friend. Regardless of caliber or velocity, it's about placement.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

4. #4 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    I don't think many would argue bigger is better. CC is all about compromise. My LCP fits in my pocket.

5. #5 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    That is exactly what I would have said, only I would have used more words and made it much more difficult to follow. Well done Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse View Post
    I don't think many would argue bigger is better. CC is all about compromise. My LCP fits in my pocket.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

6. #6 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgoff689 View Post
    It was an interesting presentation. The Doc was informative and amusing. Specifically regarding the advancements in care relating to the immediate need to not only stop the bleeding but replace the lost fluids. The guy who got hit with the 9mm rounds twice and was still moving around is a great example of why 2 Shot Drills are needed. If a target is still up and about, he's a threat, hit him again.

I figure I need about 7 inches of round penetration into the average mortals chest. I carry hollow points, which should provide an adequate expansion with a diameter increase, even with the slowing down. I'd rather use a .45 ACP round but up close and personal a few .380 rounds will do the job. I saw a guy get done in one night by a BIC Pen, inserted into his chest by a remorseful girl friend. Regardless of caliber or velocity, it's about placement.
    Remember the scene in Gross Point Blank where Cusak's character killed the Basque guy with a gift pen to the throat?

7. #7 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    The video reinforces the point that; the purpose of a handgun is for fighting your way back to where you left your rifle.
    Last edited by rpott3; 09-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    JD likes this.
    I feel more like I did yesterday than I do now.

8. #8 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    That is pretty funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by rpott3 View Post
    The video reinforces the point that; the purpose of a handgun is for fighting you way back to where you left your rifle.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

9. #9 Re: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds-WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC 
    Quote Originally Posted by rpott3 View Post
    The video reinforces the point that; the purpose of a handgun is for fighting you way back to where you left your rifle.
    Classic Jeff Cooper
    In a fight to the death, second place is an undesirable finish

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads