Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Torture test

8K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  sok 
#1 ·
I have been reading your forms for quite sometime an signed up just to give my .02 i own several ruger firearms an like them all but their seems to be alot of glock bashing going on which i own several as well have any of u ever watched Tac Tv Glock torture test ?frozen in block of ice ,shot with shootgun,buried,dumped in pond,droped fror chopper,mags run ouer,etc ... still keeps on a runin,hmm!!!ever see a ruger test ?

#3 ·
I am one the guys your talking about. LOL Glocks Are A good tool. But I don't need A good tool, I like a nice looking gun with gracefully lines and not to heave And not to bulky. I like A gun that is safe to use and carry. I have all of my toes and I want to keep it that way. A Glock is A good gun for someone else. My $.02

RICHGCOOP

#6 ·
I don't intend to 'torture' any of my firearms at the present time. In fact I kind of 'baby' them. If the SHTF I'll pick up a Glock and an AK off the BG I shoot! 8)

#7 ·
Look at my forum name and you can guess what I really like, but I like all of my Rugers (and the rest) too. I just can't believe any of you are falling for this guys crap and his desire to stir the pot just to see how far it will go. This should probably get locked right now because of where it's destined to go.

#9 ·
You're absolutely right Doc! Guess it dosen't take much to "flair the dander of a long time Ruger fan" when it comes to the quality of the product. I personally have nothing against Glock. My grandson has been after me for a long time to get one and I probably will someday. Thanks for the interventon!! 8)

#10 ·
Glock is a good gun but not to my liking. Simple as that. As for the test, I just don't do that to my guns so it does not really impress me. My gun is kept safe and warm right by my side, regardless of which one it is. I think what I dislike is the Glock Perfection mindset of some of the Glock owners out there. I have never once looked at a guys Glock (or other gun) and then said anything derogatory about his choice. Show me your Raven or Jennings and I will politely thank you for letting me see your gun. Show me your ugly baby and I will compliment the cute outfit. Don't lie. Be nice. ;D

#13 ·
not sure I care if any of my guns can survive a 50' drop from a helicopter or if will fire after being drug through mud and sand. I'm not a soldier. they just need to be able to sit on my hip or in my pocket.

#15 ·
I am not a "koolaid" drinker for any brand of gun so my go to gun(if I ever find myself in need of one that is) will be whichever one is closest to me at that time. I do not have some guns for show and some for reliability, I only keep guns around that I trust to go bang no matter what.

#16 ·
We should all email Guns and Ammo to do the torture test on the Ruger’s LCP and LC9 like they do every week on Lock and Load Mondays. That would be a great episode to watch.

#18 ·
framedcraig1 said:
Trigger_1 said:
My Glocks are my Number 1 go to guns but I dont knock other folks choices of guns... ;D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... ::)

Life and death is trusted to my Glocks..... ;D
Well said Trig. Great guns...period.
+2...Amen to you both from a Glock & Ruger guy. Yogi ;D

#19 ·
Well put, Trigger. Beauty to me is a functioning weapon. My 1998 G27 has 1000's of rounds thru it and I haven't had to replace anything (yet). It has been and will continue to be my primary carry with little Elsie as back up. Too each his/her own. I love them all!

#20 ·
I personally have nothing against Glock, except, they one are not made in the U.S.A. and two the G26 I owned wasn't worth the materials it was made of. It left a very bad taste in my mouth, to the point I will probably never buy another one. But that was my personal experience and I do understand that no manufacturer is perfect and no fire arm is perfect, but when you have a new firearm that conically suffers from FTFs and stove pipes 4 out of 10 rounds, and was returned for warranty service no less than 3 times, it does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Who knows I may come back around, It took me 10 years to buy another S&W after having a major problem with one. Glock has a great reputation and my friends who currently own then have had no issues. I would never tell some one not to buy one, but I have been asked why I don't own one and I simply reply "Because it's not made in America." Which I have gotten very big on buying American over the past 5 years or so. Just my 2 cents.

#21 ·
buying the best (however an individual chooses to define "best") is very often not the same as buying American anymore. I buy American as much as I can but I'm not going to buy a crappy TV or car etc just because it was made in the USA. and by the same token, I'll not overlook any firearms I may end up defending myself with just because they're made in another country. I don't care if Charles Manson or Chairman Mao made my sidearm as long as I can trust that it'll function when and how I need it to, and it's the right size/weight, and it's within my budget. I'm not stumping for Glock (which actually does make some guns here in the states), I own Rugers, S&W, KelTec, as well as SigSauer, Glock, HK. I'm just saying the country of origin has never been a factor in a firearm purchase I've made and I'd suggest the same to anyone else starting a quest for new metal.

good for anyone that has been able to find what they need in their firearms and still stay with US manufactures though. finding "the perfect gun" is a subjective quest, so there's no way to say brand X is best for everyone in every circumstance.

just an opinion from a stranger though and I'll certainly never disparage the search criteria of anyone else. go forth and buy.

#22 ·
I was not saying, nor have I ever said, I purchase exclusively American made guns, or anything else for that matter, if that were the case I would not own a Styer SPP, Soviet Mosin Nagant, or a Soviet SKS or a Samsung TV. I would buy an American made gun over a comparable foreign made gun. With so many good option in the stiker fired market, given the choice between a Glock, Ruger SR9/SR40, S&W M&P, Springfield XD/XDm and FNH FNS, which I all consider to be top runners and all on the same playing field, reliability and quality wise, I would lean towards the Ruger, S&W or FN, because they are made in the USA. However this would not be my only deciding factor, ambidextrous controls are also very important to me, being left handed, something that the Glock and XD don't offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.