Dreaming of LC40 or LC45

This is a discussion on Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Originally Posted by Kudzu Originally Posted by Mayonardo If the size and weight was at all comparable to an SR9c, I would seriously consider going ...

Thread: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayonardo
    If the size and weight was at all comparable to an SR9c, I would seriously consider going to it as the main carry gun, with the LCP for the BUG and around the house gun.

And, it would probably fit my Supertuck too...

Mayonardo
    iPad & Tapatalk
    Mayo, you don't really want us to believe you would use an existing holster for a new gun do you? Really?
    What are you thinking? I've already had a new, secret, unreleased, prototype SupertuckSR45 made and waiting.

Actually, I think I'd ask the guys at Old Faithful Holsters to send me a "blank" holster kit, mould the kydex for the SR45 and whip up a nice tuckable IWB holster for it.

Oh, wait....

I don't have an SR45 yet.

But, still....
    WWPD - What would Paladin do?

2. #12 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGER_1
    makwuh....I guess a LC45 would be be single stack to stay with the trend of the LC line...
    What do you think....
    I think it would have to be. We have enough double stacks, the LC line is about thinness and concealability. Besides, I like the way a single stack fits my hand.

3. #13 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Firstly I'd like to say forgive me for starting a new post and just disapearing like that. Twenty minutes after I posted it I got called out on a job and just got back in. There was A LOT of good response and the thought of a LC40 or a LC45 gets me all excited. Surely Ruger has someone watching this forum for customer response on things like this.Well hopefully. To answer your question Trigger, yes , I think the magazine would have to be a single stack probably 6 plus 1 in the oven to remain LIGHTWEIGHT and CONCEILABLE. Also I think it would probably be a LC40 so as not to take away from the SR1911 ' s well deserved 'MOMENT OF GLORY'.My only concern is weather or not the polimer frame can handle the 40cal S&W.Oh well i guess we'll just wish and wait and see!!!
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. #14 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Honkeycat
    Quote Originally Posted by makwuh
    My only concern is weather or not the polimer frame can handle the 40cal S&W.Oh well i guess we'll just wish and wait and see!!!
    Springfield's does.

(Mod repaired quote)

5. #15 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    An LC40 or LC45 would be cool.

But I'm looking for Ruger to put out a LCR in 9mm. That would be awesome!

6. #16 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    This is what I'm waitin on. Just .3 longer than the LC9 and the same slide thickness .9 inches. :P :P

I called Springfield a few weeks ago and they were not shipping yet. I think it will be a good conceal carry and they will sell very well.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/

7. #17 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    HonkeyCat...my SR 40 C is holding up GREAT
    Why is there air?

8. #18 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Well if Springfield is doing it I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Ruger does it. I think I'll just wait. Besides I just got a new Baretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact in 9mm to play with!!!
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

9. #19 Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Just got on my dealer's waiting list today for an XD-S.

Paul

Ruger LCP .380; HK USPc .45, USP .45 stainless, P2000SK .40 LEM; Beretta U22 Neos .22LR; Astra A-80 9mm
    FN FS2000 Tactical OD, Browning BL-22, RWS 34

10. #20 Re: Re: Re: Dreaming of LC40 or LC45 
    Honkeycat
    Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1
    HonkeyCat...my SR 40 C is holding up GREAT
    A beautiful weapon, too. I have the Springfield because a friend of a friend was selling it cheap! No regrets though. I wish I could collect them all. *SIGH* So many guns, so little money.

Serge Storms is my hero.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads