Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Crossbreed?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  LarryS 
#1 ·
In addition to my new love of carrying the LCP, I also have a Beretta 9000s that I love to carry as well when i have heavier clothing on. Does anyone have any experience with the Crossbreed Supertuck? Not for Elsie, because she fits sooo nice in an uncle mike's IWB, but for a larger rig.

Cheers!!

#2 ·
...bentol888, my son uses the SuperTuck for his PPS 9mm. I've worn it a bit as well. It is a dream for BTB carry. Once you find the "sweet spot" for placement, then it's just a matter of wearing it a few days to allow the holster to develop a memory for your body contours. I use the MiniTuck for my PM9 and it's the same story sung twice. It's a very high quality piece of craftsmanship and is very comfortable and steady...and above all else, provides excellent safe positioning and cover for your weapon. I highly recommend it for this type of carry.

Tarheel

#4 ·
Burley said:
Here's an old one with plastic clips and a stainless 75b. Everything TH said. And yes, I just ordered a minituck for my Kel Tec PF9.
Ya wanna re-photograph that but with the camera about four more feet away? The camera was way too close, causing a horrible perspective which makes the pistol look like a 40-pounder. I, for one, would like to see it the way folks would normally view it so I can understand how it really fits.

Thanks.

(by the way, I'm a very experienced photographer if ya hadn't figured that out ;) )

#6 ·
SkipD said:
Burley said:
Here's an old one with plastic clips and a stainless 75b. Everything TH said. And yes, I just ordered a minituck for my Kel Tec PF9.
Ya wanna re-photograph that but with the camera about four more feet away? The camera was way too close, causing a horrible perspective which makes the pistol look like a 40-pounder. I, for one, would like to see it the way folks would normally view it so I can understand how it really fits.

Thanks.

(by the way, I'm a very experienced photographer if ya hadn't figured that out ;) )
They are 1000 grams before adding the lead

#7 ·
Crossbreeds are the best. Very comfortable. I carry an older S&W 3906 and it does great. The Supertucks extra clip holds up and distributes the weight of the heavy all stainless frame. The leather conforms to your body and completely keeps the gun off your skin. Perfect if you have a case of love handleitis. :D The gun goes right back into the crossbreed after drawing. Most IWB holsters don't re-holster well. You'll like it.

#8 ·
SkipD said:
Burley said:

Thanks.

That's the technique I try to use when I photograph fish I've caught. Make 'em look 10 times the actual size. :D :D ;D Burley is probably a fisherman too.

#9 ·
I've got the micro clip for my LCP's.
The mini tuck for my LC9.
Then there's the super tuck for my SR9c.

I could not do better than each of these unless I switched away from IWB. ;D

Yeah the photo is a touch rough. They don't show and they're comfortable, tucked or untucked.

#13 ·
bentol888 said:
Thanks for the replies! I ordered one this morning based on all the positive reviews. I LOVE this forum!

Oh... and in Burleys defense, the photo is close but that CZ 75 is a big heavy gun. ;D
Burkey's cool and can take the abuse. And if that photo didn't scare you off, you are going to be one happy camper with the new rig.
Congratulations and welcome to the family.

#14 ·
I had one for my Glock 27, and found it bulky. Not a fault of the brand, but inherent to the nature of IWB holsters and thicker pistols. For me, a IWB holster works best on a very thin pistol like the LCP; for thicker weapons, I find they can provide a distorted clothing outline and can require additional space in the waist of pants (unless you carry in the small of your back) to be comfortable. I gave away the Crossbreed for the Glock, and now use a Kholster for my LCP. I don't generally try to carry the Glock IWB, and usually use a Fobus paddle holster covered by a jacket or vest. If I want the Glock to be more concealed, I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard, an excellent holster which holds the weapon closer to the body, but at the expense of some convenience in terms of taking the weapon off and putting it back on during the day.

#15 ·
Your Crossbreed will feel comfortable the first time you use it. I was a bit skeptical prior to ordering but was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried it on.

#16 ·
GmanJeff said:
I had one for my Glock 27, and found it bulky. Not a fault of the brand, but inherent to the nature of IWB holsters and thicker pistols. For me, a IWB holster works best on a very thin pistol like the LCP; for thicker weapons, I find they can provide a distorted clothing outline and can require additional space in the waist of pants (unless you carry in the small of your back) to be comfortable. I gave away the Crossbreed for the Glock, and now use a Kholster for my LCP. I don't generally try to carry the Glock IWB, and usually use a Fobus paddle holster covered by a jacket or vest. If I want the Glock to be more concealed, I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard, an excellent holster which holds the weapon closer to the body, but at the expense of some convenience in terms of taking the weapon off and putting it back on during the day.
Well, the beretta 9000s is even chunkier than the glock 27 so it looks like I'll have to get some bigger pants. :'(

Burley said:
That setup is so cozy I even sleep in that rig ;D That's an older pic that I'd reshoot if I had a camera. We need a new P&S. Maybe bentol888'll post one when he gets his new holster.
I'll definitely post some pics as soon as it comes in ;D

(Moderator repaired both quotes)

#18 ·
I was a little apprehensive before buying the Crossbreed "IWB Style" holster. I then purchased one for my SIG P238. I loved it so much that I then ordered one for my LC9. They are just so comfortable when worn with the right belt, that you forget you're holstered up ;D. I think you will be happy with your decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.