Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun

This is a discussion on Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Anyone ever tinker around with one of these? Apparently itís a disposable BB gun. They are about the same size of a Sig P-239 and ...

Thread: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 

Anyone ever tinker around with one of these? Apparently itís a disposable BB gun. They are about the same size of a Sig P-239 and look real enough to cause some concern.

A friend of mine at work brings one of these in and asks if I'll take a look at it. It seems to have sprung a leak. He's a nice fellow. Although I have spent a few decades tinkering around with various types of firearms I know nothing or little about them. It's a 15 "shot" .177 BB Cal made by the Daisy Company.

Since I'm unfamiliar with the design I call Daisy and the good folks in Customer Service and they E Mail me an exploded parts diagram and parts listing. They also send me a couple of seals. I do the usual research and study the thing and figure out how it works.

I do a Google search for information and every site that lists the model number and contains those key words ďDisassemblyĒ immediately starts to run a scan for viruses and tells me my computer is infected and they will save me for a small fee. So no where can I find a description of how to fool with it.

I sat down and had at it. The internal parts do the magic "poof" thing and fall into a pile of parts. Iíve had ďrealĒ ones do that act. Itís loads of fun.

Using the exploded diagram I proceed to reassemble it. Well sort of. They designed the internal parts simple enough. They fit neatly inside a poly plastic frame with small niches or slots that retain the metal bits and provide support for the springs.

I called the manufacturer and they said they had no information on reassembly. If I mailed it to them and a payment of $26.00 they would mail a replacement back. They donít repair them if you send one back for warranty repair; they just send you a new one and scrap the old one.

So if you have any experience with one of these let me know the magic words or whatever to reassemble this critter. Iím about ready to return it to the owner and suggest he buy a replacement at Wally World.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

2. #2 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    rayzer007
    Bill, your post brought back some memories from the early 60's. I had one like this (non-CO2, rack the slide to compress a little air). It shot BBs, darts and pellets. My father would always ask if I had 'my gun' when we drove to my brother's apt. in a rather rough neighborhood. Wasn't very accurate, but made me feel "comforted"!
    Ray

3. #3 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    ....Bg, I'm with you...buy a new one for about $35 OTD. These things are disposable these days. If you can't figure it out, then there ain't gonna be too many who have

Tarheel

4. #4 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    Rayzer007

My friend has two young sons and this is one of theirs. It brought back some memories of my youth until I got old enough to graduate up to a Old Savage .22 Squirrel rifle. The luckiest shot I ever made was when I nailed one as he was flying in between two trees. Of course back then I could see a bit better. Back then we used to go plunking at tin cans and target practice was shooting the phosphorous tips off those old long kitchen matches. Not bad for open sight shooting.

I have a Gamo Whisper Single Shot, break barrel (Hand Pumped), with a suppressor on the end that I use to keep the tree rats in line when they start gnawing on my drip boards around the roof of my house. Living in the city I don't need the neighbors calling 911 for un due concerns if I used a "real" gun.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

5. #5 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    What's the word on BB guns? Not to hijack the thread, but my question is most relevent here in a BB gun discussion.

Can minors purchase BB guns, or do you have to be over 18 to do so?
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

6. #6 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt
    What's the word on BB guns? Not to hijack the thread, but my question is most relevent here in a BB gun discussion.

Can minors purchase BB guns, or do you have to be over 18 to do so?
    A gun is a gun They make great training tools. There are also groups of people who take the things "seriously" and have shooting competitions.

Although federal law does not consider pellet guns and other air guns to be firearms, each state writes its own laws, including those that regulate pellet guns. South Carolina Code 16-23-405 on miscellaneous crimes and offenses covers crimes related to carrying "a device that may be used to inflict bodily injury or death," which includes pellet guns.

In Florida an offender was charged for assault with a deadly weapon when he used a BB Gun during a robbery. In SC a few years back a 17 Year Old called for a Domino's Pizza to be delivered to a vacant house. He robbed the Delivery Driver and as the driver was leaving the kid raised the pistol as though to take aim and fire. The driver had a CWP, and used it to wound the kid in the shoulder. When he came to trial his Momma was of course outraged and made the usual "He's a Good Boy" speech. His father said he was outraged (at the son) and didn't blame the driver. Any way the kid probably got a suspended sentence and hopefully learned a lesson. The Pizza Delivery Guy was not charged (Lucky Fellow).

Bottom Line: BB and Pellet Guns get regulated per individual State Laws and don't be surprised if it's limited to 18 Years of age or older regarding a purchase. Myself.... I think any parent that turns a younger kid loose with a BB Gun or Pellet Pistol without adult supervision or a red/orange tip is asking for trouble. They look too much like the real thing.

7. #7 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    Getting back to the OP, BGoff, just out of curiosity ask your friend how many CO2 cartridges he went thru before it started leaking. The one I bought developed a leak after the third cartridge. By leak I mean the CO2 cartridge was empty in less than a day. Maybe I just happened to get the one bad one in a million, but Iíll never buy another Daisy CO2 BB gun again.

8. #8 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    ...in NC the classification of a BB gun drifts down to the individual counties:

"Under G.S. ß 14-316, a guardian or parent of a child under 12 may not allow such child to have possession, custody, or the use of any gun, pistol, or dangerous firearm, except under the parent or guardian's direct supervision. Air rifles, air pistols, and BB guns shall not be deemed "dangerous firearms" within the meaning of this statute except in: Anson, Caldwell, Caswell, Chowan, Cleveland, Cumberland, Durham, Forsyth, Gaston, Harnett, Haywood, Mecklenburg, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union and Vance Counties."

...so, the literal meaning is:

If you live in one of the above counties you can own a BB gun if age 18 or over...you can use it while under adult supervision if under 18.

If you live in any other county the legal age to own a BB gun is 12 or over, but can shoot it with adult supervison if under 12.

Tarheel

9. #9 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel
    ....Bg, I'm with you...buy a new one for about $35 OTD. These things are disposable these days. If you can't figure it out, then there ain't gonna be too many who have

Tarheel
    Hank

You know how I am when it comes to Iron Jig Saw Puzzles (I can't resist). In this case I'm going to just leave it alone. I talked to a Lady in Customer Service who said she had taken one apart and they were a disaster when it comes to repairs. So they don't.

I just got my 1877 Colt Thunderer back from a Gun Shop this week. I found an Antique Collector/Gun Smith 30 miles out of town who could be trusted to do the work. He put a shim on the cylinder pin, fitted and replaced a couple of the internal parts that I had bought from South Dakota. So that Old Gal is now fully functional. This guy has some old rifles from the late 1870s and 1880s that would knock your socks off. He flat out refuses to make some modifications to some of the antiques customers bring him. Restoring a 135 year old antique revolver to look like it did the day it came out of the factory erases a lot of history, color, and that patina look that gives the piece its character. It's preservation or restoring in some cases functionality that best serves as a reverence towards these Old Gals.

Any way I gotta run.

Best Regards

Bill

10. #10 Re: Powerline Model 15 XT Co2 BB Gun 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    Getting back to the OP, BGoff, just out of curiosity ask your friend how many CO2 cartridges he went thru before it started leaking. The one I bought developed a leak after the third cartridge. By leak I mean the CO2 cartridge was empty in less than a day. Maybe I just happened to get the one bad one in a million, but Iíll never buy another Daisy CO2 BB gun again.
    It could have been that one in a million. The one I'm messing with is an older one and has worked well over the years. If you call Daisy and the one you have it still under warranty you can send it back for a replacement. Also there is an external seal inside where the cartridge fits that can be replaced. Google their web page. They send these seals out free by mail to customers. It's a simple matter as long as you don't open the frame it can be easily fixed.

C02 Cartridges are notorious for their leaks but it could have just been a bad seal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads