Be careful when you CCW

Be careful when you CCW

This is a discussion on Be careful when you CCW within the CCW/CHL forums, part of the General Category category; I kind of screwed up today. Went shopping with the wife and I took my LCP in the pocket holster. We had a half hour ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Be careful when you CCW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Be careful when you CCW
    I kind of screwed up today. Went shopping with the wife and I took my LCP in the pocket holster. We had a half hour to kill before meeting up with friends. So we went to a bar had a drink then met with our friend. After we got home I realized I still had my LCP in my pocket all that time. This gun is so easy to carry you forget you have it. Its a no no to CCW in a bar. So be careful when carrying.

2. #2 Re: Be careful when you CCW

Yikes... Fortunately you didn't get busted, so it's a rather abrupt learning experience. In SC it would cost me a fine of not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. Plus I'd lose my CWP.

I like to stop by a waterhole ever now and then and have developed the leaving it in the glove box habit. Losing that CWP wold really just burn me up. I went to a trial one time were a judge asked a defendant to provide details of his income and expenses. Trust me it would be more than a $2.000. fine. I just sent the Fed and State over $9K in taxes for last year, there is no mercy when it comes to taking my or your money.

Thanks for sharing the experience it just re-enforces my paranoia on the subject of bars and guns.

I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

3. #3 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    computerdynamics
    Big No, No in Fl.
    Tony (the one the Moderators hate) ; (

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    left my first ccw in a john in a gas station in the rail around the toilet...for about 3 minutes. I was devistated!. I went back and it was still right there hooked in the rail.. The holster was a piece of crap..(guess I should have left it in the crapper!). I had to be very careful to not let it fall out of the holster..cause it would if it got even close to tipping over 50% level. I literally had to take out the whole holster to use (the toilet). Think of the liability disaster that could have been. Point one: think where you may have to go that restrict ccw, and figure out where you are going to stow it in advance. point 2: never leave your weapon out of you possesion, let alone out of your sight...in public...ever.. Good thread vicmi!! We all need this reminder folks
    Why is there air?

6. #5 Re: Re: Be careful when you CCW
    In TN you can carry in a bar, but if your drinking you better not be carrying.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

7. #6 Re: Re: Be careful when you CCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MdunnTn
    In TN you can carry in a bar, but if your drinking you better not be carrying.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

...at least you can carry where alcohol is served. We are in the neanderthal hinderhands here in NC. Can't CC in any establishment that serves alcohol of any type, or in any gathering where admisson is charged. So, don't go your local pizza joint that serves wine/beer and then to a movie while packing...absurd.

NC HB111 that allows the above as long as one isn't drinking the spirits has been kicked around for years...now stalled in a Senate Committee since March, 2011. Our fine representative Deborah Ross from Raleigh tacked an amendment onto the Bill that requires a server to ask if the patrol is carrying before serving an alcoholoc beverage...brilliant. She's also the one who has stalled clarification of the NC Castle Doctrine statute to be more in line with other states with a progressive vision toward protecting one's home and occupants. Geez, does she have an anti-gun agenda or what?

Tarheel

8. #7 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    computerdynamics
    These anti-gun agendas are killing/getting us killed!! You go in for pizza and it's a stick up, what do you do throw a slice of pizza at them and yell "get on the floor"?
    I can't help but blame the current Administration. Know I'll have the Secret service watching me because I said something negative..... Sheesh!! Back to the pocket knife, maybe you could slice them in the ankle while your laying on the floor bleeding to death. Makes me sick! If i even walk into a package store i leave LCP in the console. It's not worth losing everything to chance it!
    Tony

9. #8 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    Its a misdemeanor in MI, with a short suspension of your CPL

10. #9 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    Quote Originally Posted by computerdynamics
    Big No, No in Fl.
    Yea, no bars. But you can go into a restaurant here in FL that has a bar, but just have to stay out of the bar area. Ironically, I can sit in the dining area to eat and have a drink. Every state is different. We have to know the statues when we travel out of state. The concealed carry license is too important to lose...plus the other legal ramifications.

Sarge
    Colt 1911 in the nightstand...Elsie in my pocket!

11. #10 Re: Be careful when you CCW
    computerdynamics
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Quote Originally Posted by computerdynamics
    Big No, No in Fl.
    Yea, no bars. But you can go into a restaurant here in FL that has a bar, but just have to stay out of the bar area. Ironically, I can sit in the dining area to eat and have a drink. Every state is different. We have to know the statues when we travel out of state. The concealed carry license is too important to lose...plus the other legal ramifications.

Sarge
    I think it's 60/40-food/alcohol? I've got to look up the law and refresh.
    Tony

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads