Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP

This is a discussion on Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; Hey guys - first post here. I'm sure this has already been asked numerous times, but can I safely put the Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP ...

Thread: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    Hey guys - first post here. I'm sure this has already been asked numerous times, but can I safely put the Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP .380 thru the Ruger LCP?

2. #2 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    yes but your lcp would love you more if you fed it dpx.

3. #3 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    I have some to test also, think it'll be ok for limited useage. The recoil system in these guns seems pretty solid.

4. #4 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    I have not fired mine yet, but I just manually ran the Cor-Bon 90gr JHP through it manually, and mine does not like it. It loaded the first round, and ejected it, but the second round, and the remaining rounds would not load on the first try. It took the second or third stroke of the slide to get them to go in. I then ran some PCM (Sp?) round point rounds through it and they went through just fine.

As I said before, I have not fired it yet, so I'm hoping it will cycle the Cor-Bon rounds with no trouble when actually firing. Maybe a little powder residue will help, along with the violence of live-fire cycling.

It will be awhile before I can shoot it, but I'll let you know when I do. I live in Indiana, and I can't take this or my SR9 anywhere but back to a gun dealer unless I have a handgun license. I just applied for it today, and they told me I'll have it in 5 weeks. The good news is that it is a lifetime license. Once I get it, I'll be putting many many rounds through this little beauty.

Anybody know if it will run Hornaday HP rounds?

5. #5 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    daryllytle
    I had a problem with Corbon 90JHP. I fixed it and posted what I did in the techincal section titled "Corbon Feed Problem Fixed." I hadn't had similar problems with any other round.

6. #6 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    Thanks, Daryl. I saw your post, and it looks like a simple fix. I'm going to give it a light rub with the emery cloth. I'm planning on switching to the Golden Sabres, though, after reading this thread.

7. #7 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    My .380 Cor-Bon dates back to 1995 or so the label says. I think there's been enough different .380 "Defense Loads" made since then to perhaps render the load less than optimal for the LCP. Speed IS nice but it ain't the whole story by a long shot. No pun intended...

8. #8 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    Full Member pistol-packin-preacher's Avatar
    Visited the LGS a couple of weeks ago. There was a deputy in there at the time. I asked if they could get Cor-Bon, and the deputy showed me what was now dept issue with the SD and the state hwy patrol - Speer Gold Dot. So I have switched out my FNP-40 as well as my LCP to Speer Gold Dot.
    This is my Signature,

Mark

9. #9 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol-packin-preacher
    Visited the LGS a couple of weeks ago. There was a deputy in there at the time. I asked if they could get Cor-Bon, and the deputy showed me what was now dept issue with the SD and the state hwy patrol - Speer Gold Dot. So I have switched out my FNP-40 as well as my LCP to Speer Gold Dot.
    speer gold dot good ammo. not sure I would switch out from corbon to speer just because the SD highway patrol uses it. Lots and lots of great rounds out there, speer is just one of them, certainly IMO not the best either but damn good ammo.
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

10. #10 Re: Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP 
    I've pretty much decided I'm gonna shoot off all my Cor-Bon JHP and HydraShok's and carry the Remington Gold Saber load. That round profile looks like an easy feeder and I like heavier bullets for clothing penetration. I've had great luck loading the GS in .45 ACP and Cabela's here sells it. I like the fact that it's bonded so it won't disentegrate if it hits something hard like I've seen non-bonded bullets do (think heavy zippered biker's jacket for example).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads