Cheaper than Dirt rip off

This is a discussion on Cheaper than Dirt rip off within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; Just received urgent email from CTD to hurry and order----they have as they put in thei r email "We have the hard to find .380 ...

Thread: Cheaper than Dirt rip off

1. #1 Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    Just received urgent email from CTD to hurry and order----they have as they put in thei r email "We have the hard to find .380 ammunition in stock right now! And, it is Sellier & Bellot, some of the best .380 made. Perfect for self defense, 92 Grain, FMJ, 50 rounds per box.
    Hurry, .380 Ammo Will Not Last"

Ready for the price $49.97.

Every one bend over and hurry to order from Americans leading gun supply ripoffs.

2. #2 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    yea they suck -yall know what it is --a bunch of people who are never gonna need that many 380 rounds are stocking up for what>>> maybe bamageodon---LET THE 380's GO
    XD 9 SC w/ CT-my baby
    XD 40 Compact
    Walther PPS 40
    Mossberg 500 18.5
    Ruger 10/22 16.250 Tactical Toy

3. #3 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    chieftp
    how many more new threads do we need about the price of ammo? ...and how dealers are "ripping off" potential customers if the price is higher than the potential customer wants to pay...

4. #4 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    Quote Originally Posted by chieftp
    how many more new threads do we need about the price of ammo? ...and how dealers are "ripping off" potential customers if the price is higher than the potential customer wants to pay...
    Zero. Zip. Nichevo. Nada.

Customer to shopkeeper: "What?!? Your price is twice that of the store across the street!"

Shopkeeper: "By all means, cross the street and honor that store with your custom."

Customer: "Well, they don't have any right now."

Shopkeeper: "When I don't have any, my price is half that of his!"

'Nuff said.

Regards,

Walt
    PS Maybe take up handloading?

Ruger Collectors' Association #97
    Author,
    [b]NEW! [i]The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide
    The M14 and M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guides
    The AR-15 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guides

5. #5 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    chieftp
    really! sprawl mart supposedly has the lowest ammo prices anywhere. they also never have any ammo to sell. zero boxes of 380 ammo at $15 each isn't much of a deal if you ask me. maybe it is to people who are in the market for phantom ammo to shoot in their imaginary gun.

6. #6 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    CTD is one online retailer that seems to generate a large percentage of complaints. Their fake Nazi memorabilia with no collector's value always gave me the willies (when queried on this their customer service rep gave new meaning to the word indifference) and all the rest of their stuff that ultimately ends up in a garage sale never appealed to me. The truly good products (like factory ammo) is either back ordered it seems or can be purchased for less elsewhere. This is a company that has a growing image problem and I believe it's been largely self-induced. Then again, I'm sure they have their legion of fans, go figure.
    "Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

7. #7 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    Had a terrible experience with CTD on a part for my Sig Mosquito ... customer service is nil! I'll never buy anything from that outfit again.

Regarding ammo ... the price the OP quoted in the original post is unbelievable Who would pay that price for 50 rounds of ANY .380Auto

8. #8 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    You'll pay that price ($1.00/round) for most good self defense .380 ammo when you can find it available. Hydrashocks are $21+ for 20 rounds which works out to $50+ for 50 rounds. Cor-Bon is about $22-$28/box of 20. It is excessive for S&B 92 FMJ, especially since I just got 5 boxes yesterday for $17.99 each.
    Finnbear

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLCP
    Had a terrible experience with CTD on a part for my Sig Mosquito ... customer service is nil! I'll never buy anything from that outfit again.

Regarding ammo ... the price the OP quoted in the original post is unbelievable Who would pay that price for 50 rounds of ANY .380Auto

9. #9 Re: Cheaper than Dirt rip off 
    Always remember..........if no one buys at whatever the price..........bet those prices would be "market adjusted".

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads