Walmart and ammo

This is a discussion on Walmart and ammo within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; I've noticed that whatever ammo Wal-Mart gets in it is of the lower end as far a gram weight and quality. Has anyone else noticed ...

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Walmart and ammo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Walmart and ammo 
    New User
    I've noticed that whatever ammo Wal-Mart gets in it is of the lower end as far a gram weight and quality. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. #2 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Your lucky to see anything at my local WM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

NRA Life Member
    American by birth
    Texan by the Grace of God
    Cajun by heritage

3. #3 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    It is typically target range stuff at mine WWB, federal. 180 or 165gr .40. Most 9mm was the 115, though been a long time since I've seen any

Sean McGinnes: Do you not believe in a higher power?
    Cullen
    : Yes, sir. I wear it on my hip.

4. #4 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Our wally world doesn't even have the weird stuff anymore. It shows up..people snag it..and sell it on gun brokers for double the price. Period.
    Why is there air?

5. #5 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Haven't been able to find any ammo I want available at Walmart. Or any other place for that matter.

6. #6 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    And what's up with the bare shelves? Are the selling out as soon as they put them on the shelf or are they not getting it in?

7. #7 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    And what's up with the bare shelves? Are the selling out as soon as they put them on the shelf or are they not getting it in?
    Could be both, I have read both stories on several forums. Some say the stockers are getting it before it hits the floor, others say that there are the ammo campers that stand in line at the ammo counter every morning at opening, and some say the Gov is buying it all up. All I know is that my local Walmart has nothing everytime I go by the ammo counter. Look into a website called Gunbot.net , I got lucky and logged on at the right time and got a score of 500 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115gr Remanufactured for 27 cents a round. It was the best price I have seen online in a real long time.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

NRA Life Member
    American by birth
    Texan by the Grace of God
    Cajun by heritage

8. #8 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    New User
    Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    I stopped by two Walmart's as we have to within a half hour of each other, and I asked that very same question. He told me that they get shipments in every single day of ammo, and it's put on the shelves about 7am.. and gone by 8. I believe the different types are stocked on different days, but regardless unless you're waiting, you wont see it.

9. #9 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeeejoejoe View Post
    I stopped by two Walmart's as we have to within a half hour of each other, and I asked that very same question. He told me that they get shipments in every single day of ammo, and it's put on the shelves about 7am.. and gone by 8. I believe the different types are stocked on different days, but regardless unless you're waiting, you wont see it.
    I have 6 Wally Worlds, nearby. Most of them have taken to storing their hand gun ammunition in the bottom of the cases where they used to store just rifles. Their ammo shelves, except for 12 or 20 gauge stay empty. They run trucks, but never know the arrival times. I'd suspect in some of the places or have been told that when the trucks do hit it's gone real quick.

Our local Sportsman Warehouse has a truck that comes on Monday or Tuesday. 1 Box limit and the place is packed and the good stuff goes fast. Palmetto State Armory gets 9mm and 380 ammo in but it sells out fast. A 3 Box limit.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

10. #10 Re: Walmart and ammo 
    Same at out two local Wally's. I asked the sales clerk at one of them and he said, "We are supposed to tell you guys that trucks come during the night and are unloaded before day shift gets in". I was like, you guys... I felt like an outcaster.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads