Speer LE short barrel .380 auto?

This is a discussion on Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; Does anyone know if CCI Speer makes a short barrel LE gold dot in .380 auto? If so, any idea where I can order some ...

Thread: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto?

1. #1 Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Does anyone know if CCI Speer makes a short barrel LE gold dot in .380 auto? If so, any idea where I can order some online?

Thanks!

2. #2 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAF
    Does anyone know if CCI Speer makes a short barrel LE gold dot in .380 auto? If so, any idea where I can order some online?

Thanks!
    I know Speer makes a "short barrel" Gold Dot version in 9mm, .38sp & .357 magnum, but never heard of a .380 version. I use the LE Gold Dot .380 as my SD carry round, and often find the 50 round box at: http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....low-point-ammo

ATG appears to be out of this choice at the moment, but keep checking. Hope this helps & good luck. Yogi
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

3. #3 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Thanks! I'm also looking at the Double Tap .380 95 gr round. I called Double Tap and have been told that the 95 gr bullet they use is by a company called Montana Gold Bullets. It is supposed to be a controlled expansion JHP. I'm not familiar with this bullet design, so I have e-mailed Montana Gold looking for more information on this bullet design. Looking forward to their response. I have carried DT's 9mm +P in the past and they make good products.

4. #4 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    I did some testing with the Gold Dot normal 380 and it expanded VERY nicely. In fact through water it was better than the Hornady CD. Now when we did the clay testing the CD looked like a better expansion, but who knows which is more accurate to body tissue. I carry both in my LCP. Alternated each one
    It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and NOT have it!

"We're responsible for our own safety, not the police. Police officers are not going to get fired if you get killed by bad guys, but they'll try to find those who did it. But you'll be dead."

LCP - Glock 26 - Taurus PT-945

5. #5 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117

I know Speer makes a "short barrel" Gold Dot version in 9mm, .38sp & .357 magnum, but never heard of a .380 version. I use the LE Gold Dot .380 as my SD carry round, and often find the 50 round box at: http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....low-point-ammo

ATG appears to be out of this choice at the moment, but keep checking. Hope this helps & good luck. Yogi
    I'm glad I got some there when it was still available. It looks like they only have the 20 round boxes now.

6. #6 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Quote Originally Posted by clrcopy
    I did some testing with the Gold Dot normal 380 and it expanded VERY nicely.
    I believe the "LE" & "Normal" rounds are identical, they are just packaged differently. I always try to buy the LE 50 round boxes when I'm running low. Yogi
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

7. #7 Re: Speer LE short barrel .380 auto? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117
    I believe the "LE" & "Normal" rounds are identical, they are just packaged differently. I always try to buy the LE 50 round boxes when I'm running low. Yogi
    +1

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads